PDA

View Full Version : Garrard 401 + Plinth and arm.

mikegreenwood
18-08-2015, 10:40
Thinking seriously about selling this special Garrard 401. It was taken by myself to Garrard in Lambourn some years back and terry gave it a service and a once over, to quote his words he said ( " It's one of the quietest I've ever heard".
I am selling the Turntable, arm and plinth separate or together but obviously I'll need to have buyers for all three lined up before I strip it.

Turntable is excellent and gets to speed in seconds, Idler is A1, and I have some bearing oil Terry gave me.
I have had the brake pad removed but it's here and two screws gets it back in position. ( simple job)

The arm is a much modified Rega RB300. Both internal and external wiring have been done. I bought from this site a few years back but cannot remember the seller. It also has a heavy Weight mod. The arm has worked faultlessly for 5 years or more and I have used an Audio Technica AV 33 MC cart. ( Not for sale ) I do have available a MM cart if required.

The plinth is 35mm MDF on gold plated spikes, ( Adjustable ) and the feet are sorbothane. The colour is purple and not blue as it looks in some photo's. An easy job to re spray if it's not your cup of tea. Easy to remove the deck and a car re sprayer I'm sure would do it to choice. The arm and board can be removed with two screws, again an easy job.

Turntable £500, arm with heavy weigh counterweight £250. Plinth £80 or £800 as is minus the cart.

Audition welcome, N/E UK. collection welcome. Not keen on posting.
[/ATTACH]15236[ATTACH=CONFIG]15237[/ATTACH

mikegreenwood
19-08-2015, 09:41
Having decided to sell , Price alteration to £750 inclusive of: Turntable, Rega arm, Plinth and free Linn K9. ( used but sounding great)

mikegreenwood
02-09-2015, 14:43
Plinth now sprayed black. Will send pictures to anyone interested. ( Still in the drying stage at the moment.) Brake pad now replaced and working fine.

Pictures added.

mikegreenwood
03-09-2015, 08:54
Pictures added. Plinth now in Black.

Desmo
03-09-2015, 09:02
Pictures added. Plinth now in Black.

Oh that looks far "classier" I think you will have absolutely no trouble in selling this lovely deck.