PDA

View Full Version : Hi..

pedcollings
07-08-2015, 20:28
I have been into music and hi-fi since the 60s. And I am still "Box swopping" and loving every bit of it..

struth
07-08-2015, 20:32
Welcome Peter. What are you using now then? give us a run down and the types of music you like etc.:) do you have any changes in mind?

pedcollings
07-08-2015, 20:54
Hello and thanks, at present i have the following. Gyro se, rega 250, rondo red, Musical fidelity phono stage, Naim 72-140 combo, and AE. Aelite speakers.
plus a selection of r2r decks, Revox a77 mk3 and4 also a Nagra "E". CDs are taken off by a Pioneer PDR-609 recorder.
I am going to get the Naim serviced next year,(had it for 20 years), also a speaker upgrade might be in order, back to floor standers..
Regards Peter..

Barry
07-08-2015, 20:56
Welcome to AoS Peter,

Yes, please tell us a little more about your system and what your tastes in music are. We're a nosey bunch here, so don't be shy - we listen to anything and everything!

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

struth
07-08-2015, 20:59
Hello and thanks, at present i have the following. Gyro se, rega 250, rondo red, Musical fidelity phono stage, Naim 72-140 combo, and AE. Aelite speakers.
plus a selection of r2r decks, Revox a77 mk3 and4 also a Nagra "E". CDs are taken off by a Pioneer PDR-609 recorder.
I am going to get the Naim serviced next year,(had it for 20 years), also a speaker upgrade might be in order, back to floor standers..
Regards Peter..

Have seen pics of Acoustic energy aelite's. I like there styling, but not heard them. Thanks for the list. we have a new R to R section you might like(its a sub forum of analogue

pedcollings
07-08-2015, 21:06
Thanks for the welcome. Music wise I will listen to anything with a melody, classical to pop synth to pipe and electronic organ..
A service for the Naim is next on the list, then maybe speakers..

walpurgis
07-08-2015, 21:25
Hello Peter. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds as though your interest started about the same time as mine.

Looks as though you have a useful system there. What speakers are you considering as replacements?

If you'd like to post system photos, there's a Gallery section. They are always appreciated. Maybe some of your reel to reels. These are popular here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
07-08-2015, 21:46
Regards Peter..

What do you use your Nagra E for Peter? I have a Nagra IV-S, with which I originally intended to record folk/ethnic music from around the world (travel is another interest of mine), but this never happened as I couldn't decide on the best microphones to use.

We have a reel-to-reel section in which we would love to some photos of your machines.

Regards
Barry

pedcollings
08-08-2015, 11:28
Hello Peter. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds as though your interest started about the same time as mine.

Looks as though you have a useful system there. What speakers are you considering as replacements?

If you'd like to post system photos, there's a Gallery section. They are always appreciated. Maybe some of your reel to reels. These are popular here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Hello Geoff,thanks. I started with a Ultra record player in about 1965, added a second matching amp and speaker unit,and stereo cartridge happy as pie, thought it was the dogs thingys.
Since then ive lost count of what has passed through my hands, sure wished i still had some of it..

pedcollings
08-08-2015, 11:37
What do you use your Nagra E for Peter? I have a Nagra IV-S, with which I originally intended to record folk/ethnic music from around the world (travel is another interest of mine), but this never happened as I couldn't decide on the best microphones to use.

We have a reel-to-reel section in which we would love to some photos of your machines.

Regards
Barry

Hi Barry, I used to have a collection of r2r tape decks, sold a few off now, i am keeping a small part. A Tandberg 9000X half track, the 2 Revox a77s, a Sanyo mr801 (used too have one years ago), and the Nagra.I bought this because I love them, built like a Swiss Watch. regards Peter..

jollyfix
08-08-2015, 13:41
Hi Peter, welcome to AOS.

pedcollings
08-08-2015, 13:49
Thank you..

Eagle owl
13-08-2015, 18:54
Hello and welcome Peter.

Geoff. :wave:

pedcollings
15-08-2015, 11:42