PDA

View Full Version : Erm... Hello

Jackie
06-08-2015, 16:10
Hi my name's Jackie - strangely enough.

All I really wanted to say / ask was my Dad gave me a load of his old Hi-Fi separates from the '70s & I'm moving to Aus so I'm downsizing & I just wanted to know if it was worth anything, if people were interested in separates any more & if so would people want to buy this stuff? Or do I just take it all to the local tip? I don't even know what this stuff does so it's wasted on me.

It was all bought whilst my Dad was posted in Germany during 1978 - 1980:

Technics M56 Stereo Cassette Deck - full working order, all buttons fine & played a bizarre tape I found lurking in a box.
Technics Quartz Direct Drive Automatic Turntable SL-1310 MK2 - no idea if this still works as I no longer have records.
Pioneer Stereo Amplifier SA-301 - full working order, all buttons fine.
Pioneer Reverberation Amp SR-303 - full working order, all buttons fine.
Pioneer RG Dynamic Processor RG-1 - it does what its supposed to be the buttons won't remain on.
Sansui Stereo Graphic Equaliser SE-7 - full working order, all buttons fine.
Sansui Pure Power DC Stereo Receiver - full working order, all buttons fine.

I've also got - & quite frankly I don't know where they came from:
ITT Turn Table Direct Drive Hi-Fi 80
Marantz CD63 CD Player
Marantz Audio/Video Stereo Receiver SR370
Pair of Attacama Speaker Stands

Any advice would be gratefully received :)

Barry
06-08-2015, 17:41
This is a bit of a tricky one Jackie.

It would seem you have joined the forum for the express purpose of selling your unwanted gear. This is frowned upon, as we much prefer members join us to discuss music and audio reproduction, not solely to use the forum as a 'shop window'.

Even though your initial post is an 'interest check', we still require you to provide photos of the actual items you have for sale, and to state how much you are asking for each.

Furthermore, until you have made a minimum of 6 posts you won't be able to correspond with members by PM.

Regards
Barry

struth
06-08-2015, 17:47
Best to put them on gumtree tbh. local pick up etc, then you will get what you get for them. ebay search may help you find out what they are worth. check completed listings there

This site is not a selling site, just a privilage to members between themselves

Macca
07-08-2015, 07:48
Hi my name's Jackie - strangely enough.

All I really wanted to say / ask was my Dad gave me a load of his old Hi-Fi separates from the '70s & I'm moving to Aus so I'm downsizing & I just wanted to know if it was worth anything, if people were interested in separates any more & if so would people want to buy this stuff? Or do I just take it all to the local tip? I don't even know what this stuff does so it's wasted on me.

:)

Yes people do still want to buy this stuff but with the exception of a couple of pieces you have there the value is not that great - maybe £20 to £40 an item. The Technics record deck, assuming good condition and working is worth between £200 and £300.

As already said eBay or Gumtree are your best bets for selling, price it to sell and you should be able to shift the lot without too much trouble. If you don't want that much hassle take it all to your local Cash Converters or similar; they won't give you much for it but it is one stop, job done.

Virkon
07-08-2015, 10:08
Why is your name strange Jackie?

Jackie
07-08-2015, 16:20
Barry & Struth - I didn't join to put this old tech up for sale on this site. I joined in the hope of getting some honest advice about stuff I know nothing about. I don't know anything about these items - apart from the fact that they make music sound better by twiddling knobs - & I certainly didn't know if anyone was interested in this old style stuff anymore. As it is apparently worthless & of no interest I shall pop down the local tip tomorrow & stick it in the small electrical recycling bin.

Hi Macca - thanks for the honest & none judgemental advice. As we don't have a cash converter in Stratford upon Avon I'll just run down the tip tomorrow as it all seems fairly useless and of no interest to others.

Hi Virkon - 'strangely' as most people have nicknames I don't. Who would choose Jackie as a nickname?

And as a great man once said "I'm not the AC or the DC - I'm the lightening in between" & if you don't know who said that then you've really missed out on some great vibes.

Firebottle
07-08-2015, 17:05
Hi Jackie,

If you are seriously going to skip it all I will come down to you to take it all away.

Far too much spare parts capability to just bin it. How about some time over the weekend, tomorrow morning is out?

Cheers,
Alan

Audio Advent
08-08-2015, 00:57
Barry & Struth - I didn't join to put this old tech up for sale on this site. I joined in the hope of getting some honest advice about stuff I know nothing about. I don't know anything about these items - apart from the fact that they make music sound better by twiddling knobs - & I certainly didn't know if anyone was interested in this old style stuff anymore. As it is apparently worthless & of no interest I shall pop down the local tip tomorrow & stick it in the small electrical recycling bin.

Hi Macca - thanks for the honest & none judgemental advice. As we don't have a cash converter in Stratford upon Avon I'll just run down the tip tomorrow as it all seems fairly useless and of no interest to others.

Hi Virkon - 'strangely' as most people have nicknames I don't. Who would choose Jackie as a nickname?

And as a great man once said "I'm not the AC or the DC - I'm the lightening in between" & if you don't know who said that then you've really missed out on some great vibes.

But Macca just stated that one of the items was worth £300 and that the others were worth £40 EACH.. So that's £700 based on his assessment. (I think a fair bit less to be honest but still a few hundred quid). You replied to Macca so I imagine you read his comment.

But you are free to do what you wish! I'd give it away if just getting rid of it is what you want, don't care about the money.

I'm sure people can send you an email via the forum to help take it away if that's what you want.

Jackie
15-08-2015, 13:45
Hi all,

I've spoken to my Dad about these stuff & he's decided to take it all back - I don't know if he's keeping it or selling but I least its off my hands. :-)

Thanks for all comments & help.

Us-&-Them
18-08-2015, 19:13
I'll have the SR303 if you dont want it - thats what I been after for a while to fit in my set up (see my pics of my hi-fi on my welcome post). Just message me if you want and let me know.

Regards
Loz.