PDA

View Full Version : Flakey Pi Crust ?????

mikmas
31-07-2015, 00:51
Tonight my Pi/IQaudio combo decided to go belly up...

First off I lost Wifi contact on my Mac... managed to regain control and menu reboot via my iPhone and it seems to work fine for a few tunes but then started getting muffled and distorted. Also lost all contact via Mac or phone so had to do a hard shutdown.

Will see what tomorrow brings but in the meantime if any wise gurus have ideas about what might be causing this sudden meltdown it would be much appreciated.... :)

Gazjam
31-07-2015, 06:03
Suspect fluctuating power supply, which the pi is sensitive to.

What power supply are you using?
Do you have another of the same rating you can swap in?

Marco
31-07-2015, 06:43
Corrupted SD card? Is the Pi being switched on an off all the time....?

Marco.

Kit1cat
31-07-2015, 09:37
If the red power led on the pi is flashing that would indicate low voltage output from the power supply.

AlanS
31-07-2015, 09:43
Are you able to connect the pi to your network by a cable? Then see if it will deliver anything. This might eliminate if it is a WiFi device problem or more substantial.

Following Marcos notion do you have a spare SD card configured that you could try?

Are you able to use it just as a pi rather than a means of serving music? That is if you have played with it as a pi?

What software do you use - Volumio is popular with some.

mikmas
31-07-2015, 11:57
Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)
Switched it on this morning and left it playing - so far, so good so I guess it was just a temporary bug.

This thing is so good normally that I keep forgetting its essentially just a cheap educational toy ... and running daft Linux too :lol:
Hell, even my posh and ever-so-sophisticated Mac throws a dicky fit every now and then......

AlanS
31-07-2015, 17:11
Good news. Perhaps keep those suggestions to try if it happens again. Would help others help you more

ATB

Audio Advent
01-08-2015, 16:37
and running daft Linux too :lol:

Daft Linux? Linux is great - it only seems daft when there's no front end built on top, but then you wouldn't be able to run it on something so underpowered.

Rothchild
07-08-2015, 12:30
... and running daft Linux too :lol:
Hell, even my posh and ever-so-sophisticated Mac throws a dicky fit every now and then......

Lol, what sort of sophistry do you think OSX is? (https://developer.apple.com/opensource/index.html - check the third item down). OSX shares a fairly substantial amount of code with FreeBSD, a *nix OS.

mikmas
07-08-2015, 13:11
Lol, what sort of sophistry do you think OSX is? (https://developer.apple.com/opensource/index.html - check the third item down). OSX shares a fairly substantial amount of code with FreeBSD, a *nix OS.

:lol: I was being facetious on both counts :lol:

I use to love my little Linux netbook (when it did anything....)

Rothchild
07-08-2015, 18:37
:lol: I was being facetious on both counts :lol:

I use to love my little Linux netbook (when it did anything....)

Heh, I did wonder - you never know with mac users ;-)

ReggieB
09-08-2015, 11:19
Daft Linux? Linux is great

:clapclapclap: Absolutely!