PDA

View Full Version : Technics SL1200 Standard Arm

Jason P
21-09-2009, 16:56
So, for anyone contemplating modding their arm, or replacing a knackered one on their deck, here's a std arm in good nick for you to consider.

It is mechanically fine, no damage or cosmetic imperfections. Lift, bias, VTA and lock all work perfectly. The anal amongst you may wish to give it a more thorough clean than I have, but it looks good IMHO. It has the black base and darker bearing mounts.

This will slot straight in to a 1200, has the original leads and counterweight (not the small additional one though) and I'll throw in a stock headshell, though you'll probably want to change this.

Reason for sale - I got this on the Techhie I bought, and rather than mod it I got a pre-modded arm from an AOSer instead. Hence the spare. Funds will go to purchase of a StanDac or Isonoes, depending on finances...

£70 plus postage sound fair? I think these are around £170 if you buy the bits from Technics to make one up.

Jason

DSJR
21-09-2009, 17:26
Good price as eBay wanted £125 for one as I recall. A shame it won't fit my 150 as the screw-holes and, I think, plate size are different...

Despite the comments here and elsewhere, the standard arm should be fine with most current MM's and Adio origami can tweak it further with a re-wire and foam-fill...

The Vinyl Adventure
21-09-2009, 17:38
mine sounds ace... and i think its slightly twisted

Jason P
21-09-2009, 17:42
Good price as eBay wanted £125 for one as I recall

Well that IS an AOS exclusive price. I wouldn't do that for everyone...:lolsign:

Jason