PDA

View Full Version : Cd ripping rate?

archiesdad
27-07-2015, 19:00
After a wobbly with iTunes I've started adding some recently added CDs onto my laptop, the rate the CDs RIP at varies wildly from 2.5X put 20X with no apparent reason for the differences, obviously I prefer a higher rate since there are quite a few to do:doh: can anyone explain the reason for this. Ta.

archiesdad
27-07-2015, 19:56
Aha, turning off/on the error correction makes the difference, sorted.

Yomanze
30-07-2015, 10:32
Make sure that you are ripping 'bit perfect' files because faster ripping speeds can introduce more errors.

Desmo
30-07-2015, 11:27
What software are you using to do the ripping? also what format are you ripping to? This is not the sort of job that you want to have to do more than once, so I'd recommend getting this right from the off.

Audio Advent
30-07-2015, 12:12
Make your rips the best quality possible - I prefer a half-speed rip to get a half-speed digital master. Just turn the volume down when doing them.

(p.s. that's a daft joke)

Gazjam
30-07-2015, 12:34
Rip at as low a speed as possible martin, but make sure you set a speed thats "native" to your ripping drive.
You know, 2x, 4x or whatever.
{misses out long boring technical explaination}
Why? Just cos.

Box13
30-07-2015, 13:02
Gazjam is correct about the speed.
I don't like using windows for the job either, if you want to know of an excellent programme, just privately message me, as I do not want to advertise on the public forum.

AlanS
30-07-2015, 13:12
I use dbPowerAmp on a Mac and it is worth paying money for the full version. 24 bit and FLAC.

It fair zips through them and does a good job of metadata.

Most pleasurable they sound too!

Get it right first time.

ATB

Rothchild
30-07-2015, 13:25
Yeah, quality over speed every time.

I like: http://thomas.apestaart.org/morituri/trac/

(and if there are any disks I have issues with using this then I'll tend to use the ripper in Foobar on windows, which seems to work pretty well too)

struth
30-07-2015, 18:38
Foo and jrivers are fast. Exact audio copy takes 5/10 minutes a disc. .best if your pc will run it

archiesdad
30-07-2015, 21:07
Cheers guys, just wondered what I'd done just effect the change in speed, gonna look into all the suggestions now that i've invested in a macbook[cue can of worms, daughter/son in law mac fans and persuaded to change] and all is new now.