PDA

View Full Version : Ness

Spectral Morn
21-09-2009, 11:15
Hi Guys

Some suitable moody photos of Loch Ness taken from the south shore and just outside Inverness. All photos copyright Argent Images

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii364/davros124/InvernessHighlandsHolidaySept09041.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii364/davros124/InvernessHighlandsHolidaySept09039.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii364/davros124/InvernessHighlandsHolidaySept09047.jpg

Regards D S D L

DaveK
21-09-2009, 11:36
Hi Neil,
Nice pics, as usual - moody is just the word - all that's needed is the monster - did you erase it to avoid controversy? :lol:
Just curious: who are/is Argent Images?
Cheers,
PS,
Is my geography faulty but I didn't think Loch Ness and Inverness were particularly close to each other, or am I reading it wrong?

Spectral Morn
21-09-2009, 12:01
Hi Neil,
Nice pics, as usual - moody is just the word - all that's needed is the monster - did you erase it to avoid controversy? :lol:
Just curious: who are/is Argent Images?
Cheers,
PS,
Is my geography faulty but I didn't think Loch Ness and Inverness were particularly close to each other, or am I reading it wrong?

The outskirts of Inverness now comes close to the Loch. As there is a lot of development on the South side. Its still about 5 miles to the Loch. Moody is how it was. If you look in the first 2 photos there is a shadow on the Loch which is exactly the sort of thing which helps people to think that there is a monster;)

Regards D S D L

Marco
21-09-2009, 12:05
I know there's a monster 'cos I've talked to it.

Marco.

DaveK
21-09-2009, 12:14
I know there's a monster 'cos I've talked to it.

Marco.

That confirms it !!! - you are on a completely different planet to me on this and on musical sounds - probably no bad thing, musically at least :lol: :lol: .
Cheers,

Spectral Morn
21-09-2009, 12:36
That confirms it !!! - you are on a completely different planet to me on this and on musical sounds - probably no bad thing, musically at least :lol: :lol: .
Cheers,

Whether Marco is being serious or not...Not I suspect;), I am with Dave on this one. Loch Ness is a desert in terms of bodies of water. There is very little life within it, bar some large eels, the odd dear, occasional Sturgeon (which swim in from the Morray firth). The water is to deep and to cold to support the type of animal that is pictured in most popular pictures. Those animals were air breathing and as reptiles needed to sun bath to help regulate body temperature and in water that is much warmer than the Loch (tropical), were are the sunbathing monsters. The loch is prone to odd wave patterns, shadows, surfacing tree trunks etc. To my knowledge no sighting has been recorded in the river Beauly or the Morray Firth. It is here where the fish life exists to feed large marine animals, but no one has seen anything, again as far as I know other than Dolphins, Seals and the odd Whale. The Loch, River Ness and Beauly river and Moray Firth are connected, but no animals swimming back and forth that are unidentifiable. However the Loch has mysteries just not the monster type.

So Loch Ness unknown marine animals no, open sea, oceans maybe?

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
21-09-2009, 12:44
im not going to say i wasnt tempted to download one of the pictures and photoshop in a monster... because i was! i decided in the end that would be rude, as the pictures are indeed very nice and very obviously capture the mood you were intending

The Vinyl Adventure
21-09-2009, 13:25
Ok i have cleared this post with Neil, as doing this could be seen as really cheeky. it could be seen as me saying "thats nice, but look what i can do" ... that really isnt my intention this is just my take on an already really nice image. i have just emphasised the well captured moodyness of the image!

Neil, i hope you like it!

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/InvernessHighlandsHolidaySept09039-.jpg

Spectral Morn
21-09-2009, 13:27
Hi Hamish

Yes very nice. I love black and white and you have just made a good picture a great one. Its also made the shadow ? on the Loch stand out more. Must admit when I was taking the photo I was not aware of it.

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
21-09-2009, 13:34
... it has hasnt it!.. spooky

glad you like it!

Spectral Morn
21-09-2009, 13:49
... it has hasnt it!.. spooky

glad you like it!

Thanks.

Regards D S D L