PDA

View Full Version : 'The Dan'

talisman2
25-07-2015, 19:50
listening to an american pressing of "Aja' by Steely Dan and i must say it is vastly superior in every way to the british re-issue version that i have (think it's going in the bin )

Haselsh1
25-07-2015, 20:00
listening to an american pressing of "Aja' by Steely Dan and i must say it is vastly superior in every way to the british re-issue version that i have (think it's going in the bin )

Yeah I remember a pressing I had from the early nineties and it went in the bin ;)

Macca
25-07-2015, 20:34
Not sure when my vinyl copy is from. I usually listen to it on cd. The remaster from about 2001. Got all the Dan on cd and vinyl except the nrw stuff and The Royal Scam which I only have on vinyl. Got Gaucho on DVD-A as well. From what I've read the US and Japanese pressings are the ones to havr for all mid and later period Dan.

Joe
27-07-2015, 11:54
I've got them all on (UK first press) vinyl up to Aja, except for Katy Lied, which I missed first time around, possibly because of extreme poverty. 'Countdown to Ecstasy' is probably my favourite.

Macca
27-07-2015, 12:54
I only discovered them in 1990 'cause I gave the old hippy across the street some TDK SA90s and asked him to tape the next few albums he listened to (he had an extensive collection) One of the tapes he did me was the 'Reelin' In The Years' best of double album and I have been a worshipper ever since.

EDIT Now I am the old Hippy across the street...plus ca change, eh?