PDA

View Full Version : Issue with VAM 1202

rdpx
23-07-2015, 15:52
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/23/448bae0c128708d621b211a4f2a6b98e.jpg

I received a new laser assembly to fit into my CD6000 yesterday. I was just inspecting it before taking the old one out, and I noticed that the coating on the laser lens does not look good at all.

See photo... Do I need to send this back, or will it be fine?

R

rdpx
23-07-2015, 17:17
any opinion on this would be most welcome as I have just had a very aggressive email from the seller, in response to my email apologising for the "Return Procedure" which I had been railroaded into starting by the eBay interface...

Hi There
am sorry to hear that you have a problem with your repair and also very disappointed that you have opened a returns request without the courtesy of any contact with me.
The item you have received is not defective.
Annually the units are never defective and you have discovered that sometimes this unit can be more difficult to fit than you think.
You should check the gain of the optical unit and also any servo adjustments in some of the older Marantz machines.
The integrity of the plus and -5V power supply is also critical and is very problematic in some of the machines, there is nothing wrong with the laser and its appearance is of no relevance.
In our workshop we fit this item with a 100% success rate, there is no failure from the box as new.

Please have another go at your repair or if you wish I can collect the machine on a chargeable basis for repair, please do not send me back something that you have fitted as this cannot be resold.

You have made no contact with me whatsoever to explain your technical issue and have not provided any make and model information.
Regards Garry

Regards Garry

struth
23-07-2015, 17:39
it doesnt look new or especially healthy. I'd return for replacement or refund. He has little choice but to accept. as he is bolschy, then just do it the ebay route and you cannot go wrong really. The way the rules are, if he doesnt he will get it in the neck

rdpx
23-07-2015, 18:10
it doesnt look new or especially healthy. I'd return for replacement or refund. He has little choice but to accept. as he is bolschy, then just do it the ebay route and you cannot go wrong really. The way the rules are, if he doesnt he will get it in the neck

He's going to get it in the neck anyway as soon as I have my refund.

I really wonder what he is expecting to gain by being so obtuse as to be pretty much begging me for negative feedback over such a low value item.

R

struth
23-07-2015, 18:14
To the other extreme I got a wrong valve sent.not a lot of cash and the guy went overboard in sorting it for me and eventually sending me my money back plus the valve
Thats service

walpurgis
23-07-2015, 18:23
The coating on optical lenses is there for good reasons. It should be intact.

rdpx
23-07-2015, 20:01
The coating on optical lenses is there for good reasons. It should be intact.
That's what I was thinking...
No coating would probably be preferable to damaged coating.

Anyone got any good tips of who to buy a decent VAM 1202 from?

R