PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cromford, Derbyshire

trautigan
22-07-2015, 09:13
I've been retired about a year, passionate about music all my life - never stopped listening to new stuff, although retained some favourite artists along the way.
Big collection of CD's and a smaller core vinyl library too.

I'm a digital fan, having been involved from early days; I'll post my (somewhat random) selection of hardware later on, it's mainly dedicated to playing high-quality streaming simply.
One of the tasks (for winter I reckon) is to re-rip and reorganise all those CD's. Oh, and maybe see if I can improve those rare cassette recordings I ripped to MP3 a few years back. First of all I've got to find the files.

I'm a moderator on another forum and this one was mentioned (in a good way) by someone on there, I'm looking forward to learning lots about lots.

The Black Adder
22-07-2015, 09:17
Welcome to AOS, Ian.

Ah... ripping cd's - a job for those winter evenings.. lol

It would be interesting to know which forum you are a moderator on. :)

Enjoy!
Jo

struth
22-07-2015, 09:20
Welcome to AoS Ian. Hope you enjoy the forum and get involved...it would be nice to see your kit so when you have a chance open a thread in "The Gallery" ....we all like pics of kit here

walpurgis
22-07-2015, 09:56
Hello Ian. Welcome to AOS from another retiree.

I also have more CDs than Vinyl, but like both equally. Tell us what music you enjoy listening to.

What plans, if any, do you have for your system. We like to hear what people have in mind.

Does your username 'trautigan' have any significance? It sounds Celtic or Gallic maybe.

Enjoy the forum,

Geoff.

trautigan
23-07-2015, 08:36
Hello Ian. Welcome to AOS from another retiree.

I also have more CDs than Vinyl, but like both equally. Tell us what music you enjoy listening to.

What plans, if any, do you have for your system. We like to hear what people have in mind.

Does your username 'trautigan' have any significance? It sounds Celtic or Gallic maybe.

Enjoy the forum,

Geoff.

thanks for the welcome from everyone. I've stuck an explanation of my handle on that sticky thread at the top here...I like your interpretation of it Geoff - the reality is a bit more prosaic.

As for plans for the system - I'm pretty happy using Airfoil to synchronise music around the house there are a couple of changes I'm looking to make - one is to replace
this piece of kit
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AZATOM%C2%AE-Stealth-Air-2A-Speaker-Airplay/dp/B00L2FGSOO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1437640411&sr=8-4&keywords=azatom which sounds really tinny compared to the Cambridge Minx and also drops out from time to time and the other is to sort out (or not) 2 underused but great Quad speakers that I need to reintgrate (although there is a long standing power supply problem with one of the speakers which has baffled both Quad and a good local company...but that's another story)

I'll be looking for help and advice on the right thread(s) later.

thanks again for the welcome.

Barry
03-08-2015, 18:44
Welcome to the forum Ian,

Hope you find AoS lives up to your expectations - as a moderator on another forum you probably have high standards. :)

What are the problems with your Quad ESLs? If you can describe the problem, we might be able to help - we have a lot of very knowledgable members here.

Regards
Barry (a Quad '57 'fanatic')

Eagle owl
03-08-2015, 20:15
Hello and welcome Ian.

Geoff. :wave: