PDA

View Full Version : Help please- changing bags;

Varun
19-09-2009, 12:56
Hi Photo geniuses- Hamish or Shane or anyone else!

I wonder if you could direct me to the best film changing bag. Should be large enought to take a Kaiser developing tank or about the size of the Rolleicord.
I have never used one but may start developing my own B&W films.

I would be grateful for help.

Having got rid of my De Veere 5x4 enlarger- the lenses (NIkkor) 105 and 135 are lying idle with my son- I will have to invest in a scanner perhaps the new Epson V750Pro or something. I will then archive my large collection of all B&W and colour neg work.

Help greatly appreciated.

The Vinyl Adventure
19-09-2009, 20:25
i would be jelous if you did get the 750... as i am of shaun and his! me with my poxey 500 :(...

anyway ... i have to admit to being not the best to speak to about the old school supplys... working in the shop, i had the oportunity to "inherit" most of my equipment off people customers who couldnt find homes for it (i bought, litereally, the entire contents of a dark room + a nikon fe, nikon fa and a minox gt of a customer for £400)

shaun gave me a very good few links to old school supplyers.. im sure he will be able to help you... patterson are still running?? do they do them??
my only pointer ... for a cheaper option would be ebay, i have seen some mightly large change bags on there go for silly money! just make sure (imho) you go for a double lined, lightweight, man made material... i think mine is nylon (guess) my make has an old school cotton one... its a right faff to use!

Varun
20-09-2009, 17:24
Thanks Hamish,

E-bay after the experience Neil has been through. Good idea though.

The Vinyl Adventure
20-09-2009, 17:38
... ebays not all bad, we all have shitty storys about it i recon but i have had over 160 dealings on there and have only had 2 "incidents" .. thats not bad odds i recon?!
also, fortunatly, for people in your shoes, its a buyers market when it comes to photo eqipment!
changing bags are though, unfortunatly, one thing that there is slightly more of a market for.in lieu of a dark room, peope (like me - and soon to be you) are using them for loading film into dev tanks (most film uses do what i do, and what you intend to - scanning negs). the real buyers market is for enlargers ... i got my pair of dursts for free!!