PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sunny Belfast, Northern Ireland

seandynan
16-07-2015, 16:19
Hello all

For Fathers' Day my daughters gathered up various bits of old hi-fi from around the house and connected it all together in our underused front room so I could have a 'music room' just like when I was a teenager. How about that? :eek:

I was bowled over at how good music sounds when you're not listening to it on earbuds or computer speakers, no matter how slick they are.

The old Rotel amp gave up the ghost so I bought a 2nd hand Sony TA-FE230.

The old Goldring GR1 exhibited a warble on long piano notes despite a new belt and a freshly lubricated bearing, so I bought a new Pro-ject Debut Carbon.

My speakers are JPW AP3s from the early 90's, re-coned with new, original drivers.

I am absolutely enthralled with this set-up and how utterly fantastic my vinyl (and even some of my daughter's vinyl :lol: ) sounds.

I found this site by searching for decent vinyl cleaning fluid, of all things.

All the best!
--
Sean

Spectral Morn
16-07-2015, 16:32
Hi Sean

Ummmm not so sunny now, it's pissing down outside the train. Sitting in Great Victoria street station at the minute.

Welcome to AoS. It's always nice to get a music system together.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Regards Neil

struth
16-07-2015, 16:58
welcome Sean. nice jesture that and as you say , nowt like getting it all through big, real speakers. Nice tt as well, I used to have a pro-ject carbon sb....nice sounds it made.. As for cleaning fluids etc and methods, there are some threads about it, and likely to be found in Analogue section.

enjoy the forum mate

Barry
16-07-2015, 17:52
Welcome to AoS Sean (from a sunny Essex ;))

A nice (and different) introduction - hope you enjoy the Forum as much as you are now enjoying your vinyl!

Regards
Barry

seandynan
16-07-2015, 21:07
Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys. Time to mooch around...

Eagle owl
16-07-2015, 21:23
Hello and welcome Sean.

Geoff. :wave:

walpurgis
16-07-2015, 21:27
Hello Sean. Welcome to AOS.

So you're enjoying tinkering with a few older bits and pieces. That's always good fun. But if the bug bites you, how long before you decide to move onwards and upwards? :)

Our members have a huge variety of systems. Many modest, but some only to dream about.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

seandynan
16-07-2015, 21:41
Geoff, please don't tempt me. My main money sink is modular synthesisers: the last thing I need is another expensive hobby. Or is it..? :cool: