PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned

vinyl dragon
13-07-2015, 17:45
Evening All!
Well I finally learned a lesson, if joining a forum make a note of your password or you too can be in limbo for months due to faulty memory :-/
Anyway at last Hey there all, I've really enjoyed the posts on AOS maybe I can now take part!
Right, the bio, I'm a lateish middle aged bloke living in South Wales UK temporarily retired while I care for an unwell partner.

Music reading & the garden are the things that keep me sane so my HiFi is vital to me. My tastes are primarily Indie/Indie Rock (think Muse, Editors, Interpol to The National, Turin Brakes, Death Cab For Cutie) Punkish, (Marilyn Manson, Fall Out Boy, MCR etc) prog (Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes) The Greats like Bowie, Roxy Music, Early/Mid Stones. Some Goth, a bit of Jazz Lite and some outliers like the occasional Shirley Bassey, Julie London & a few others even I won't admit to :-)

My main system is a lightly modded Technics SL1500, Denon DL160 & Musical Fidelity XLPS with DIY oversized power supply.
Mac Mini (2012) with Lossless ripped CD's (I don't download) & Beresford Caiman DAC (with a USB isolater between)
A Harman/Kardon DAB tuner
Audiolab 8000Q preamp, Quad 606 power amp. For speakers for years I've been going steady with B&W DM2's but I'm now having a torrid affair with Celestion Ditton 44's that have seen better days :-D

To make myself sound more interesting I'll say there's lots more I could say.. But that's probably untrue
:)
So for what it's worth, that's me.
Cheers all
Graham

struth
13-07-2015, 18:03
Welcome(eventually) Graham. I hope you enjoy posting now you can. Not heard of any of the first group names but know of a few of the latter, being an old fuddy duddy.:)

walpurgis
13-07-2015, 20:50
Hi Graham. Welcome to AOS.

Took you a while to get here. Hope you like what you find, I'm sure there's plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Haselsh1
14-07-2015, 18:47
You always have to wait for the best things in life ;)

vinyl dragon
15-07-2015, 12:52
Thanks for the welcome! There's lots of really interesting people & cool stuff on here :grouphug: :)
Cheers all
Graham

Barry
16-07-2015, 13:53
Welcome to AoS Graham,

Glad you can now take part! :lol:

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Eagle owl
16-07-2015, 21:29
Hello and welcome Graham.