PDA

View Full Version : Odyssice

Box13
11-07-2015, 20:50
I have been trying to get some material by this super band from my local library, but to no avail.
Has anyone anything I could borrow, perhaps in exchange for something I have that they do not.
I am just talking loans here like when you get a disc from the library, nothing illegal.
Has anyone in the forum even heard of this excellent band?

Spectral Morn
11-07-2015, 21:40
Never heard of them but right up my street. Thank you for the heads up.

Just bought Impression 2 Cd reissue of Amazon. As Moon Drive is about to get re-released in September I will wait till then to get it. Seems Silence can't be got now.

Regards Neil

Box13
12-07-2015, 07:19

Just bought Impression 2 Cd reissue of Amazon. As Moon Drive is about to get re-released in September I will wait till then to get it. Seems Silence can't be got now.

Regards Neil

What sort of music do you like?
I might have some other recommendations for you?
Please let me know how you get on with the Odyssice

Box13
12-07-2015, 07:21
Are you the type that can go upstairs?

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 07:37
What sort of music do you like?
I might have some other recommendations for you?
Please let me know how you get on with the Odyssice

Very broad, probably easier to say what I don't like. I don't get on with most forms of Country, Death speed/black metal, techno, Irish or English folk music, or most Opera. I like chill out dance music, house, electronica, melodic rock, prog rock, jazz, jazz fushion, male and female singer song writers, classical, some blues, quality pop music. Love sweeping, epic vibes and good melody and harmonies.

Some favourites, Saga, Kansas, Yes, Genesis, Kate Bush, Laurie Anderson, Grace Jones, Jose Paddila, later period Bowie, Pat Metheny Group, Return to Forever, Miles Davis, later period Gong, Hawkwind, Jefferson Starship, Cafe De mar, Hybrid, etc.

Always interested in new music, fire away.

Regards Neil

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 07:41
Are you the type that can go upstairs?

Not sure what that means :scratch:. I live alone, so no one but myself to annoy.

Regards Neil

Haselsh1
12-07-2015, 08:14
Not sure what that means :scratch:. I live alone, so no one but myself to annoy.

Regards Neil

Jesus...! I sometimes wished I lived alone but I've learned to be careful what you wish for ;)

Box13
12-07-2015, 09:06

Regards Neil

Well done sir, I never thought of Amazon.
I have Silence but only as a F.L.A.C.
Perhaps we could loan each other some material?

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 09:09
Well done sir, I never thought of Amazon.
I have Silence but only as a F.L.A.C.
Perhaps we could loan each other some material?

I am sure that could be arranged.

Regards Neil

Joe
12-07-2015, 10:10

Regards Neil

It threw me at first, but I think it's a Dalek reference!

Box13
12-07-2015, 10:25

Regards Neil

Yes but surely Davros comes to visit occasionally

Box13
12-07-2015, 10:27
I am sure that could be arranged. Regards Neil

I will give you my email address if you wish to make an arrangement outside the club.
We don't want to contravene any of the ethos do we?

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 10:33
It threw me at first, but I think it's a Dalek reference!

Yep you are right :doh: that went straight over my head lol too early in the morning, I was still groggy.

It wasn't until Remembrance of the Daleks that the BBC decided to show that ability, story plot and special effects permitting, but as far as I know all Daleks have had that ability just it wasn't shown.

Regards Neil

Box13
12-07-2015, 10:54
Yep you are right :doh: that went straight over my head lol too early in the morning, I was still groggy.

It wasn't until Remembrance of the Daleks that the BBC decided to show that ability, story plot and special effects permitting, but as far as I know all Daleks have had that ability just it wasn't shown.

Regards Neil

I am more of a Star Trek fan myself, I read a lot of Science Fiction and listen to several matches in you preference list.
I also love X-1, Dimension X and of course Box13.

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 11:00
I am more of a Star Trek fan myself, I read a lot of Science Fiction and listen to several matches in you preference list.
I also love X-1, Dimension X and of course Box13.

I like Star Trek too but I wouldn't class myself a Trekie, though some who know me think I am. Not heard of those bands either, I feel another trip to You Tube coming on..... I fear bankruptcy through new music purchases lol.

Which period of Trek do you like most ?

Regards Neil

Box13
12-07-2015, 11:22
I like Star Trek too but I wouldn't class myself a Trekie, though some who know me think I am. Not heard of those bands either, I feel another trip to You Tube coming on..... I fear bankruptcy through new music purchases lol.

Which period of Trek do you like most ?

Regards Neil

They are Radio Shows Dale, not bands.
It is Trekker by the way and my favourite period is Voyager.
What about you?

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 13:39
They are Radio Shows Dale, not bands.
It is Trekker by the way and my favourite period is Voyager.
What about you?

TOS, some Voyager, DS9 and despite its faults Enterprise. Though one of the best Trek stories ever is in the NG - The Inner Light.

Regards Neil

Box13
12-07-2015, 17:45
TOS?

Box13
20-07-2015, 06:42
Never heard of them but right up my street. Thank you for the heads up. Just bought Impression 2 Cd reissue of Amazon. As Moon Drive is about to get re-released in September Regards Neil

I have recently discovered the album by the band Huis.
I think you may like it.

Spectral Morn
20-07-2015, 09:24
TOS?

The Original Series (TOS)

Spectral Morn
20-07-2015, 09:31
I have recently discovered the album by the band Huis.
I think you may like it.

Nice musically but lead singer can't sing that well, so I think that lets the band down enough that it would put me off listening to them. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards Neil

Box13
24-07-2015, 19:10

Frequency Drift - Over
Airbag - The Greatest Show on Earth.

Box13
25-07-2015, 07:48
Another one for your shopping list Davros.

Spectral Morn
25-07-2015, 08:31
Another one for your shopping list Davros.

I am familiar with Nick's work, seen him live once as part of Steve Hacket's band.

Spectral Morn
25-07-2015, 08:32
Frequency Drift - Over
Airbag - The Greatest Show on Earth.

Interesting I quiet like Frequency Drift not sure I like Airbags vocalist.

Spectral Morn
25-07-2015, 08:35
Sebastian Hardie or Windchase are worth checking out Australian prog bands, Windchase is a spin off from Sebastian Hardie

Regards Neil