PDA

View Full Version : Hipper Signing In

Hipper
11-07-2015, 17:34
http://i61.tinypic.com/2rndldz.jpg

Been taking listening to music seriously for around twelve years. Before that I hadn't a clue!

Music: I'm a product of the late sixties/early seventies, so two strands: most importantly folk rock initiated by Matthews Southern Comfort (and a love for pedal steel guitar), and to a much lesser extent prog rock, beginning with Barclay James Harvest. I also dabble with classical but can't appreciate jazz.

Equipment: with more money then sense I bought what turns out to be pretty good gear. When I tried to set things up properly I learnt about speaker/ear positioning, room treatment, digital equalisers, and more recently I've discovered power regenerators, anti-vibration products, and CD cleaning. Room treatment etc. adjust the frequency response. Power and vibration control give clarity and other stuff which I'm still learning about.

walpurgis
11-07-2015, 17:52
Hello Michael. Welcome to AOS.

From what you say, you sound as though you'd likely be around retiring age, like many here (me included).

Tell us what equipment you have in your system and post some pictures in the gallery section if you like. They'll be appreciated.

If you have any equipment changes or projects in mind, we'd like to hear about them.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Macca
11-07-2015, 21:00
Hipper as in the ship I'm guessing from the picture.

Welcome to AoS

Hipper
12-07-2015, 09:23
Yes.

Strange that a Dutch band would have a WW2 German warship on the cover but I suppose the marketing department thought 'ship', and this is a ship!

Spectral Morn
12-07-2015, 09:52
Yes.

Strange that a Dutch band would have a WW2 German warship on the cover but I suppose the marketing department thought 'ship', and this is a ship!

Of memories

Welcome to AoS, hope you have fun.

Seen Focus live twice and Jan Akkerman once so feel quiet blessed by that, great music and super live.

Regards Neil

Barry
16-07-2015, 14:44
Welcome to AoS Michael,

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Eagle owl
16-07-2015, 21:27
Hello and welcome Michael.

Geoff. :wave:

archiesdad