PDA

View Full Version : hi from glasgow

Tomrx7
08-07-2015, 18:36
hi my name is tom and currently live in Glasgow,i have a very large musical taste but mostly classic rock ie pink Floyd, acdc,the eagles right through to modern pop and alternative, don't have a high end system currently using an onkyo tx sr608 av receiver with mission 773 fronts and a 77c center and sony sub which needs upgrading,hopefully this site will give a few pointers

walpurgis
08-07-2015, 18:49
Hello Tom. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Not everybody has or needs a high end system. Many of us here use all sorts of rig ups.

Tell us what ideas you have and what you may be planning. You'll get plenty of opinions.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Tomrx7
08-07-2015, 19:02
thanks for the welcome, in my younger days I used to run dedicated amps ect but married life put paid to that:( quite happy with the onkyo in fact quite surprised how good it is in both for video and music, I have my apple tv through it for my music, only have a set of 773,s for fronts and a 77c centre with a sony sub but with my old system I had mission 752,s and im thinking about trying to pick up a good secondhand pair and use them for my fronts and use the 773,s as rears, loved the 752 years ago, do you think the 752,s,and 773,s would work well together

struth
08-07-2015, 19:06
welcome to AoS Tom :)

archiesdad
08-07-2015, 21:43
Howdy and welcome to AoS Tom.

Box13
09-07-2015, 06:40
You'll have a great time here, Onkyo has to be one of the most under rated firms that currently excel in the market.

Barry
09-07-2015, 09:36
Welcome to AoS Tom,

Don't worry about whether your system is 'high end' or not. The point is, are you happy with it? If you are, all well and good, if you are not tell us in what way you are dissatisfied with your system. I'm sure you will receive a lot of useful advice.

Regards
Barry

Tomrx7
09-07-2015, 17:17
Hello Tom. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Not everybody has or needs a high end system. Many of us here use all sorts of rig ups.

Tell us what ideas you have and what you may be planning. You'll get plenty of opinions.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

thanks for the welcome, I've got my eye on a pair of very good condition 752,s and was thinking about using them for my fronts and use the 773,s as rears, but not sure if it would be worth it, did love the 752 on a previous system many years ago but would I notice the difference now compared to the 773, also thinking of upgrading my sub to a keff psw3500

Tomrx7
09-07-2015, 17:22
You'll have a great time here, Onkyo has to be one of the most under rated firms that currently excel in the market.

I agree with you there absolutely love the txsr608

kirstysdad
09-07-2015, 17:54
Many moons ago I used to sell Onkyo in a now gone Glasgow shop. Under-rated, a bit like Harmon Kardon too... and Heco, all sold by us.

Anyway, welcome Tom. I like it here.

My favourite Glasgow shops- Loud and Clear (always found Alan really decent and have bought from them) and I used to work with Matt H at Glasgow Audio (ask him his own opinion and you'll get no bullshit and a few swearwords:doh:).

Gazjam
09-07-2015, 20:16
Hi Tom,
welcome aboard.

There's quite a few of us AOS'ers in or around Glasgow and we have been getting together every now and again to hear each other's kit, eat cakes and talk pish to each other about hifi.

Its all good fun, pick up a lot of new music you like and always good to put a face to the name. :)