PDA

View Full Version : Hello i'm a newbee from France

bergui45
08-07-2015, 08:47
Since recently retired i have now plenty of time to improve my vintage "only" hifi.
My system was mostly Linn gear but since they no more support old gems such as the Kairn preamp i decided to divorce!
I sold my 2250 Linn amp and bought instead an Mc225 + an SP8 Preamp: because i could DIY the recap of the Mc225 thanx to Audiokarma and Youtube...
The SP8 outperforms dramatically the Linn Kairn.
I'm flabbergasted!
As a security purpose i bought a Quad 405 amp: i DIY upgrade with the DADA kit:
Should the Mc225 need a fix in case of a valve issue i'm not dropped in a "silent way"!

I have a Linn LP12 + Ekos tonarm tweaked with a keel_klone subchassis from Greenstreet audio and a DIY Geddon PSU with a vintage Phonocartridge SUPEX900 retipped by Roberto Torlai (Italy) This turntable is MAGIC and sounds much better than any CD machine.
I have a Micromega Leader2 rejuvenated with a CDM9 and a Philips CD304 with an incredible CDM1 rejuvenated with a complete Recap
I have also renewed my vintage pair of Gale GS401A (parts ordered from Wilmslow)
This system is really sounding fantastic!
I recently purchased on ebay a Denon Ha-1000 Pre preamplifier since the SP8 is lacking an MC Phono entry.
I'm about to Recap the vintage Ha-1000 because a lot of Caps are leaking or out of specs.
I just noticed that a scottish member has just done a recap of his Ha-1000!
So i'm happy to share some experience in "vintage hifi"

walpurgis
08-07-2015, 08:55
Hello Guillot. Welcome to AOS.

Yes. One of our 'regulars' has just recapped his HA-1000. I'm sure he can advise you.

Tell us what music you play and also, we would enjoy some photos of your system for the Gallery section

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
08-07-2015, 09:11
Welcome to AoS .. hope you enjoy the forum:)

Gordon Steadman
08-07-2015, 09:30
Hello Guillot,

Welcome from another 'French' member.

You are rather a long way from us but should you venture south you would be very welcome to say hello in person.

Eagle owl
08-07-2015, 18:06
Hello and welcome Guillot.

Geoff. :wave:

Barry
09-07-2015, 20:20
Welcome to AoS Guillot.

Some nice vintage kit you have there! If you can manage it, we would love to see some photos of it.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry