PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Dartmoor

Lopseychops
02-07-2015, 08:41
After 22 years service with the Royal Marines I've decided that I need a decent hobby. Music has always been a huge passion for me, so what better way to fuel that passion than getting involved with all things vinyl.

I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now and I'm now the proud owner of a recently acquired mint condition Tecchie 1210mk2. I'm only just starting out, so for the moment she/he will be hooked up to a AT440mla cartridge, Marantz PM6004 and a set of Dali Zensor 1's. The combo is faring reasonably well at the moment having had mainly U2, Joy Division and some early REM fired through it.

Absolutely staggered at the amount of quality info on here for everything Technics!

I too will be following the journey to upgrading various bit and bobs and no doubt will have a question at some stage.

Thanks all,

Mark.

Tarzan
02-07-2015, 08:51
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum- Tavistock is beautiful!:)

Get stuck in Sir!:)

walpurgis
02-07-2015, 09:00
Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Yes, you're right. This is the place for Techie fans. As you've no doubt seen there is a sub forum called The Techiepedia in our Analogue Arts section which is dedicated to Technics turntables.

Any time you have queries about equipment, just ask questions and I'm sure members will have loads of advice.

You can post equipment photos in the Gallery section if you'd like to. they'll be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Spectral Morn
02-07-2015, 11:17
Welcome to AoS Mark and thank you for your service.

Hope you find all you need here to help you on your audio journey.

Regards Neil

Barry
02-07-2015, 11:57
Welcome to AoS Mark - glad you decided to join us.

As others have said you will find a wealth of information on upgrading/fettling yout Technics deck in the 'Techiepedia'. :)

Apart from U2, Joy Division and REM, what other artist(e)s do you enjoy?

Welcome again

Regards
Barry

Eagle owl
02-07-2015, 12:24
Hello and welcome Mark.

Geoff. :wave:

Lopseychops
02-07-2015, 13:25
Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Tavistock is indeed a lovely place. Although we have gone from a heatwave to being partially underwater!

Barry - I've a fair old eclectic mix in music like most people. I go through phases with music, but I'm fully submerged in everything that Ian Curtis and co have to offer at the moment.

pure sound
02-07-2015, 14:04
I'm in Tavistock but there are a few other HiFi Forum users in W Devon who occasionally have get togethers. Quite entertaining to join in, hear different music/equipment & eat cakes!

15.04. Sun's out again now!

Wakefield Turntables
02-07-2015, 14:34
Welcome. Get your wallet ready if your fettling your 1210 :eek:

Lopseychops
02-07-2015, 20:28
I'm very aware that fettling a 1210 is going to cost. Thanks to the dedicated forum and the fantastic, and sometimes very entertaining, advice I've got from fellow members i know exactly what it is that I need and how much I'm going to fork out for it. But for now I intend on just enough the 'stock sound' and I'll tinker and upgrade in due course.

.....and Guy, your invitation of cake and music is almost a match in heaven. Just missing a few jars of Thatchers Gold!