PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the temple of Venus

fim
02-07-2015, 00:01
Hello all!

My name is Seraphim and I've been idling this forum for a while now so I decided to say hi. Originally I'm from Greece but for the past 4-5 years I've been living in London where I work as a System Administrator for various software companies.

As far as music goes, I mostly listen to rock and metal (...and beyond) and I usually spend way more money acquiring CDs/LPs or going to live events instead of investing on my audio setup.

In general, I'm not in the habbit of swapping boxes very often and for the last couple of years I've settled to a very nice Naim combo which includes NAP140/Hicap/NAC32.5/CDX and a pair of Proac Tablettes Reference 8 Signature. I've also got a semi functional Sony TC K650-ES cassette deck and I'm currently looking for a turntable in order to get back into the vinyl game.

As you can probably tell, I like the vintage feel and sound in all my audio equipment but if I ever get over that, I think I'd like to swap everything out for a Bel Canto setup (:stalks: c5i + cd2 :stalks:)

I also play and record music so I've got some interest in computer-audio interfaces and the mixing/recording/monitoring side of music.

Pleasure to meet you all

walpurgis
02-07-2015, 08:54
Hello Seraphim. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. If you're going to set up a turntable, you'll get plenty of opinion on vinyl playing equipment from members. Many of us use vintage gear, so you are in good company.

There is a Gallery section if you'd like to post system photos. They are always appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
02-07-2015, 11:28
Welcome to AoS Seraphim,

Don't worrry about spending more on the software than on the hardware: you have got your priorities in the right order. Anyway you already have a fine audio system. :)

What is your interest with vinyl? Do you have a collection of LPs to play, but nothing to play them on? Or have you heard LPs sounding 'better' than CDs in someone's system. I don't want to discourage you, but embracing vinyl could be the start of a slippery slope. :D

Should you wish to persue your interest in vinyl replay, I'm sure you will be offered plenty of helpful advice here: we have a lot of very knowledgable members here, some of whom are dealers and ex-dealers.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Eagle owl
02-07-2015, 12:26
Hello and welcome Seraphim.

Geoff. :wave:

fim
03-07-2015, 00:09
[...]

What is your interest with vinyl? Do you have a collection of LPs to play, but nothing to play them on? Or have you heard LPs sounding 'better' than CDs in someone's system. I don't want to discourage you, but embracing vinyl could be the start of a slippery slope. :D
[...]

I'm already aware that going down the vinyl route might be a slippery slope but I've already got LPs and I also used to own a technics TT before moving to the UK which I sold before coming over. When I setup my system over here I never got a TT but I think that time has come :D