PDA

View Full Version : Hi

mongeddavid
25-06-2015, 05:26
Hi my names David long time viewer on here and Active on other Hi Fi sites. Im from Tring Herts and have been interested in music and HiFi for as long as I can recall. Wishing you all a great week.

Anthony K
25-06-2015, 08:47
Hi David, welcome. Tell us a bit more about your set up and musical tastes :)

walpurgis
25-06-2015, 09:32
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. As Anthony says, tell us about your music tastes and something about the system you have.

Can you add your first name and location (town/region) to your profile please. That way everybody knows who they are talking to and it keeps things on a friendly basis. Thanks.

If you'd like to add some equipment photos, there's a Gallery section. They'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
25-06-2015, 10:13
Welcome to AoS David.

Yes, tell us a little about your system and tastes in music. Don't be shy - we're a bit of a nosy bunch here! :lol:

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

trio leo
25-06-2015, 11:31
Hi David, welcome to the AoS from me.

enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Puffin
25-06-2015, 12:12
Hi David, I think I bought a pair of Grado's from you over at PFM a few years ago.

Eagle owl
29-06-2015, 10:26
Hello and welcome David.

Geoff. :wave:

mongeddavid
30-06-2015, 18:04
Hi Guys

Well I currently have a few pairs of speakers which i dont tend to rotate as most are large and heavy.

Living Voice OBXR2s Mainstay Impulse H2s VonSchwiekert VR4s Impulse Mayas and a few other bits. Ive collected these over the years at good prices so im not rich or anything like.

Amps I have been using a Marantz PM4 with the LVs as there is a lovely synergy between them. I also have an Art Audio VP1 pre amp and Border Patrol SE 300b amp.

Modified Jolida NOS DAC fed by a diy Fanless PC based server and streamer. Lyndorf CD1

Notts Hyperspace and Space Arm with a Clearaudio Signature Cartridge.

I listen to alot of Rock and Pop like the Cult All about Eve stuff like that but now getting more into Blues, Folk a bit of Classical Electronica all sorts really. Ive been using the Tidal HiFi service and found some good new bands and lots of older stuff that passed me by before. In my 40s and used to always be in HIFi Daves shop in Radlett and St Albans and also DJSRs place in Harpenden. I notice that DJSR lives in the same Town i do but ive not seen him around. I bought DJSRs Notts Mentor many moons ago and sold it to buy a Dais a couple of years back. Great TT the old Mentor.

All the Best David

Barry
30-06-2015, 18:07
David, could you please add a (rough) location as well as your name to your profile.

hifi_dave
07-07-2015, 09:56
Hi David and welcome. Can never have enough Daves on AOS.

DSJR now lives in Felixstowe, which explains why you don't see him in Tring.