PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Complete numpty looking for Castle Conway II Bass Driver (S)

Idlewithnodrive
24-06-2015, 15:49
:steam: :mental: Was messing around with sources straight in to a Quad 405-2 power amp and yep, you guessed it, one less working Bass driver !

Really really major hacked off. Took me an age to find speakers that worked well and that I liked in my awkward small room and now this.

Anybody have or know where I can pick up a Castle Conway II Bass driver ?

Reffc
24-06-2015, 18:59
:steam: :mental: Was messing around with sources straight in to a Quad 405-2 power amp and yep, you guessed it, one less working Bass driver !

Really really major hacked off. Took me an age to find speakers that worked well and that I liked in my awkward small room and now this.

Anybody have or know where I can pick up a Castle Conway II Bass driver ?

If no luck with replacements, get both units sent to Wembley Loudspeakers in London. They can rebuild them for you (and match them) for reasonable money. New voice coils not a problem.

Idlewithnodrive
24-06-2015, 19:19
If no luck with replacements, get both units sent to Wembley Loudspeakers in London. They can rebuild them for you (and match them) for reasonable money. New voice coils not a problem.

Thanks Paul. That has been suggested and I have asked Paul at Wembley for a quote.

Geoff101
24-06-2015, 19:34
I know a chap who had a set of castles (probably Conways) repaired by them and was pleased with the results.

Idlewithnodrive
24-06-2015, 20:13
Thanks Geoff. Nice to know :)

Idlewithnodrive
05-07-2015, 17:39
Wembley speakers still haven't got back to me, so still looking.

Nobody able to help ? I miss them :(