PDA

View Full Version : Hi All... About to embark on replacing my 1200 faceplate and need help/advice!

Bigbob666
21-06-2015, 20:18
Hi All.

Have joined for some advice on a project that i'm about to undertake. I have 2 technics 1200 mk2's from back in the 90's when i used to DJ. They look their age and have been through life with me :) now I'm old settled down and only use one. But it could do with looking better! So i managed to source a new faceplate that i'm going to try and swap out on the deck that's not in use. I've been recommended this form for advice. So any threads that are worth me reading?

New faceplate! : http://www.viscomstudio.com/hifi/1200_faceplate.jpg

Cheers.
Rob.

Barry
21-06-2015, 22:47
Welcome to AoS Robert.

You have certainly come to the right place regarding Technics 1200 decks. Suggest you have a look in the 'Techipedia' section, and maybe copy your post there. I'm sure someone will come along who will be able to help you.

What is the rest of your system - and what are your tastes in music? If you can manage it some pictures of the rest of your system would be good to see. :)

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

walpurgis
21-06-2015, 22:50
Hello Robert. Welcome to AOS.

You've definitely come to the right place for Technics (Techies). As you may have seen, there is a sub forum in the Analogue Arts section called The Techiepedia, dedicated to these units. If you want to discuss ideas or have questions, just start a thread there and outline what you have in mind. You'll get plenty of replies.

Tell us what music you listen to and as you have a project on the go, some photos in the Gallery section would be most welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

walpurgis
21-06-2015, 22:54
Ha Ha. I see Barry just pipped me to the post with a very similar welcome. :D

Anyway, enjoy yourself here Robert.

struth
21-06-2015, 23:41
Hi and welcome Robert. Cant personally help you but plenty here who will...Hope you find your answers

Spectral Morn
22-06-2015, 08:36
Welcome to AOS

Regards Neil

Bigbob666
22-06-2015, 09:11
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

My tastes in music is varied, i like a lot of modern electronica and stuff... Last 2 gigs: Nils Frahm @ roundhouse in Camden = Awesome, Jon Hopkins: OK. I also love a bit of folk/acoustic Agnes Obel / Bon Iver etc. Also the classics ;) Zepplin, Marley, Beatles, Dylan, Gaye etc. Love a bit of classic era hip hop: Naughty by Nature, Public Enemy, Souls of Mischief, Beastie boys. Also Reggae: Congos, Lee Perry, Studio One etc. Old Funk too: Bob James, Ripperton et all and i know there are many othe genres that im missing, Generally if its good i like it! Jazz, Classical, Pop, Techno anything really but it has to be good :D

As far as kit goes i have my oldskool corner which consists of a shelf of lovely vinyl with my 1200mk2 running a Denon DL110, into a NJC phonostage - into NJC DAC - Into NJC Monitor ii which acts as a headphone amp for a set of Bayer 880's it also acts as a pre feeding into the other side of the room where a set of Active AVI DM 10 speakers sit - these have an inbuilt DAC for the TV and a mac mini that feeds in - with the NJC kit feeding into the DM's analogue in... simple ;) Will post some pics!

Thanks again for the warm welcome, seems a nice place already

Cheers
Rob.

walpurgis
22-06-2015, 09:23
Thanks again for the warm welcome, seems a nice place already. Cheers Rob.

You are welcome. We make an effort to keep things friendly.

Sounds an interesting system. Photos would be great! :)

Bigbob666
22-06-2015, 13:31
Some pics as promised (edit: the portrait ones seem to have been rotated - sorry):

Analogue(ish) corner

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/661/Y3BoDl.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/DVEJiv.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/673/Pt5Scu.jpg

walpurgis
22-06-2015, 19:48
Very smart Robert. I don't know the NJC units, but they look neat.

Are you using a high pixel count camera? The files are probably big 'cos the photos took ages to load. :)

Might be an idea to compress future image files.

struth
22-06-2015, 19:57
I have rotated them for you and reduced the size a bit for people with slower systems Robert. Hope you don't mind:)

Bigbob666
22-06-2015, 20:37
I have rotated them for you and reduced the size a bit for people with slower systems Robert. Hope you don't mind:)

Don't mind at all... I'm interested in how tho?

Bigbob666
22-06-2015, 20:42
Very smart Robert. I don't know the NJC units, but they look neat.

The NJC stuff is really good. Particularly the headphone amp which impresses me every time, 2 man operation based in Devon. If your interested there's some great reviews on head-fi.

struth
22-06-2015, 20:43
I just saved them and popped them up to imageshack, then reposted them. they came out the right way or I would have rotated them in one of my programs(on pc I use zoner17). on tablet I use snapseed

Bigbob666
22-06-2015, 20:48
Ah ok. Thanks. I thought there might be photo editing options.

It's odd that they were rotated as they aren't that way in the source image.

Anyway, thanks for making the effort.

struth
22-06-2015, 20:50
might have been because of their size and having been taken in portrait. I used 800*600 for those