PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Shakti stones

Anthony K
20-06-2015, 19:32
Looking for a couple of these beauts

killie99
20-06-2015, 22:52
I have some magic beans for only £500 each, they work exactly the same way. I have a whole tin of them, just let me know how many you would like :

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515l5zyNoTL.jpg

Anthony K
20-06-2015, 23:16
Sir would you mind awfully, I got exited at seeng a reply and was getting ready to count my allowance

Darren
21-06-2015, 20:53
What effect do the stones have in your system Anthony?

mad-moon
22-06-2015, 02:23
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shakti-Innovations-Electromagnetic-Stabilizer-The-Stone-New-/181200826422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30693036

RobbieGong
22-06-2015, 07:50
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shakti-Innovations-Electromagnetic-Stabilizer-The-Stone-New-/181200826422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30693036

Interesting .......

struth
22-06-2015, 09:15
I use eichman toppers which are a similar type of product I think. Dunno if they work but do no harm and look great

walpurgis
22-06-2015, 09:29
I'm saying nothing. http://i62.tinypic.com/rbz34g.gif

struth
22-06-2015, 09:55
I'm saying nothing. http://i62.tinypic.com/rbz34g.gif

that'll be for the best :eyebrows:

Anthony K
23-06-2015, 06:41
I have never tried them Darren .

Gordon Steadman
23-06-2015, 06:46
I've tried the beans and they definitely do something to the air surrounding the system.

rdpx
23-06-2015, 09:09
I don't like the effect the beans have, too much interference with the deep bass for my taste.

Far better, for my money, is placing boxes of fish fingers at various hot spots around the listening room.

mad-moon
23-06-2015, 10:47
Aye...cables don't make a difference either...but I'll bet you're all using top of the range silver super dooper screened rca's and mains cables....with oyaide iec ends and silver plated mk plugs....with gold plated bussman audiophile fuses and mains conditioners....not to mention all the big lumps of ferrite hanging to your cables...

Gordon Steadman
23-06-2015, 11:02
Aye...cables don't make a difference either...but I'll bet you're all using top of the range silver super dooper screened rca's and mains cables....with oyaide iec ends and silver plated mk plugs....with gold plated bussman audiophile fuses and mains conditioners....not to mention all the big lumps of ferrite hanging to your cables...

Well, in my case, to quote Pinkie....'mains leads from Amazon etc', interconnects from Tandy (£10 a metre they were or was it a yard?) and all the speaker leads are resting comfortably on the floor and benefitting from any emanations, lay lines etc. I have very low expectation bias sadly.

Barry
23-06-2015, 11:09

Not me - I tend to make my own interconnects using standard professional quality cable and Neutrik connectors (XLR). Mains cables are usually screened three-core cable fitted with standard MK, or preferably, Crabtree 13A plugs and standard IEC connectors. Fuses are standard MK or Bussmann BS1363 3A or 5A fuses.

No lumps of ferrite either.

rdpx
23-06-2015, 11:38
Not me - I tend to make my own interconnects using standard professional quality cable and Neutrik connectors (XLR). Mains cables are usually screened three-core cable fitted with standard MK, or preferably, Crabtree 13A plugs and standard IEC connectors. Fuses are standard MK or Bussmann BS1363 3A or 5A fuses.

No lumps of ferrite either.

I make all my interconnects with the rolled up silver paper inners from old fag packets.

The Black Adder
23-06-2015, 11:46
i don't make my cables... i just imagine them.

Macca
23-06-2015, 12:00
Far better, for my money, is placing boxes of fish fingers at various hot spots around the listening room.

I'd like to hear more about this tweak. Does it need to be Birds Eye or will own brand do? Can other frozen fish products be substituted? Does it start to smell after a while and how do you keep the cat off of them?

Thanks

rdpx
23-06-2015, 12:03
I'd like to hear more about this tweak. Does it need to be Birds Eye or will own brand do? Can other frozen fish products be substituted? Does it start to smell after a while and how do you keep the cat off of them?

Thanks

I haven't got a cat.

Barry
23-06-2015, 12:03
i don't make my cables... i just imagine them.

Then they will be perfect! :lol:

I make all my interconnects with the rolled up silver paper inners from old fag packets.

So is aluminium better then than silver or copper? Do you use the paper backing to construct 'Litz' type conductors? :scratch:

rdpx
23-06-2015, 12:09
So is aluminium better then than silver or copper? Do you use the paper backing to construct 'Litz' type conductors? :scratch:

I have no idea.
Camel Lights seem to work best, except for with opera, when Winston Red gives much better definition to the sopranos.

Barry
23-06-2015, 12:10
I have no idea.
Camel Lights seem to work best, except for with opera, when Winston Red gives much better definition to the sopranos.

Now that I can believe! :eyebrows:

Anthony K
23-06-2015, 18:35
Yeah I bet they think turntables , cartridges , amps and speakers don't sound different either
I was Just hoping for ' yes I got 2 I'll PM you ' but ignorance runs amok

Anthony K
26-06-2015, 23:17
sorted

Rothchild
27-06-2015, 17:39
I haven't got a cat.

You're missing out, the improvement in mid-range resolution is stunning....

Darren
27-06-2015, 18:40
Let me know how you go Anthony (please) - I've always been interested in the Shakti stuff

cloth-ears
27-06-2015, 19:34
A correctly designed amplifier can't see the transformer, just saying………….

rdpx
28-06-2015, 00:12
A correctly designed amplifier can't see the transformer, just saying………….
does this impact on the cat choice?
I'm in a real quandary here vis the entire fish finger/cat situation.
Amplifier design just throws a spanner into the whole shebang.

Macca
28-06-2015, 08:08
You don't choose the cat - the cat chooses you. That's where you're going wrong....

cloth-ears
28-06-2015, 17:00
does this impact on the cat choice?
I'm in a real quandary here vis the entire fish finger/cat situation.
Amplifier design just throws a spanner into the whole shebang.

People on here are trying to make a serious point. Telling us about a fish finger without mentioning the core temperature is useless. As you well know a fish finger at -247c will act as a super conductor but at room temperature the dielectric properties of the batter will seriously alter the phase angle at anything between 40Hz and 51.6Hz

It would be nothing short of complete madness to introduce a cat at this point as the electrostatic balance will be totally unpredictable.

I would not advise anyone to try this at home

CageyH
28-06-2015, 17:55
Is this one of those threads that will keep rolling on?

Gordon Steadman
28-06-2015, 17:57
People on here are trying to make a serious point. Telling us about a fish finger without mentioning the core temperature is useless. As you well know a fish finger at -247c will act as a super conductor but at room temperature the dielectric properties of the batter will seriously alter the phase angle at anything between 40Hz and 51.6Hz

It would be nothing short of complete madness to introduce a cat at this point as the electrostatic balance will be totally unpredictable.

Not sure I agree with this. Having any of the cats sitting on the Quads makes no difference that I can hear. Admittedly the purring during the quiet sections can be a bit annoying but provided there is one cat on each speaker, the balance of the purring seems unaffected.

cloth-ears
28-06-2015, 18:04
Not sure I agree with this. Having any of the cats sitting on the Quads makes no difference that I can hear. Admittedly the purring during the quiet sections can be a bit annoying but provided there is one cat on each speaker, the balance of the purring seems unaffected.

That would depend whether or not you are using fe-line inputs

Gordon Steadman
28-06-2015, 18:58
That would depend whether or not you are using fe-line inputs

Not sure iron is a good conductor! Karajan is not bad though.

Anthony K
30-06-2015, 18:59
Let me know how you go Anthony (please) - I've always been interested in the Shakti stuff

I will PM you with my findings Darren , as the trend for such things on this forum brings out the ignorance and ridicule nature of many.

Gordon Steadman
30-06-2015, 19:11
I will PM you with my findings Darren , as the trend for such things on this forum brings out the ignorance and ridicule nature of many.
Good natured ridicule certainly, ignorance is a matter of opinion. 50 years experience has pointed me away from such things and I have tried and rejected just about every bit of foo on the planet.

However, describing people who disagree with you as ignorant is not the most pleasant of traits.

jasonC
30-06-2015, 19:37
what about a fish cake?

Ninanina
30-06-2015, 19:44
I feel sorry for Anthony as there has been a lot of :offtopic: comments going on... :(

walpurgis
30-06-2015, 19:46

I'm a little bit puzzled as to how one can be ignorant or knowledgeable about something that may (or may not) allegedly have properties that are not meaningfully defined or quantified :scratch:. Is that ridiculous?

Gazjam
30-06-2015, 19:55
Be curious to know how many of us have actually heard these Stones though? :scratch:
Failing that, fish fingers at absolute zero: foo... it works both ways unfortunately.

(/semi serious hat on) If it sounds subjectively better (to me) it is better, but I treat everything with equal intent/disdain until I've heard it with my own lug 'oles (/semi serious hat off)

Gordon Steadman
30-06-2015, 20:12
Be curious to know how many of us have actually heard these Stones though? :scratch:
Failing that, fish fingers at absolute zero: foo... it works both ways unfortunately.

(/semi serious hat on) If it sounds subjectively better (to me) it is better, but I treat everything with equal intent/disdain until I've heard it with my own lug 'oles (/semi serious hat off)

That seems to be what some of us are doing:)

I haven't heard them nor do I need to. I am happy with the way I listen to music already. After so many flavours of the month and the latest wonder breakthoughs and living through the Belt years, I must admit I write anything outside the obvious rules of physics as nonesense. Who knows though? Someone might actually believe it all. Good luck to them if it makes them happy.

Gazjam
30-06-2015, 21:45
Couldn't agree more.
have heard: and thought naa...:) too many of the Beltist/Hughes-ist (though I like Jimmy) fads that come up now and again.

As an engineering type I need empirical data as to why, if not.....go away.
But my ears will always win out. Damn.

Ninanina
30-06-2015, 21:57
I can't help thinking that all these comments are completely :offtopic: and not helping Anthony in his search ;)

BTH K10A
30-06-2015, 22:46
I'm a little bit puzzled as to how one can be ignorant or knowledgeable about something that may (or may not) allegedly have properties that are not meaningfully defined or quantified :scratch:. Is that ridiculous?

Are you talking about cables?

Barry
30-06-2015, 23:46
Couldn't agree more.
have heard: and thought naa...:) too many of the Beltist/Hughes-ist (though I like Jimmy) fads that come up now and again.

As an engineering type I need empirical data as to why, if not.....go away.
But my ears will always win out. Damn.

Garry,

If you cannot accept why, can you accept how?

Anthony,

AoS is ostensibly a subjectivist forum. That means we are willing to discuss things, which are not amenable to measurement or of objective assessment. For example: why is it that measurements alone, cannot clearly distinguish between a Stradivarius or any other violin?

If you feel intimidated by some off-topic banter, or scepticism and only feel you want to communicate your opinions and findings of the Shaki ‘stones’ by PM, then maybe AoS is not really the place for you. We like to feel the Forum is a place where such topics can be discussed openly without fear of rancour or ridicule.

Barry

Gazjam
01-07-2015, 07:54
I'm a subjectivist Barry, I'm open minded and will try things.
If anything improved the sound to my ears, even if common sense said otherwise, I'd still have a go with it.

Not heard these stones and if they work for some folk then that's a good thing. :)
Personally though I wouldn't buy them.

orbscure
01-07-2015, 09:32
AoS is ostensibly a subjectivist forum. That means we are willing to discuss things, which are not amenable to measurement or of objective assessment. For example: why is it that measurements alone, cannot clearly distinguish between a Stradivarius or any other violin?

If you feel intimidated by some off-topic banter, or scepticism and only feel you want to communicate your opinions and findings of the Shaki ‘stones’ by PM, then maybe AoS is not really the place for you. We like to feel the Forum is a place where such topics can be discussed openly without fear of rancour or ridicule.

I don't think Anthony or anybody else for that matter disagrees with what you say Barry... but from somebody who is nothing more than a keen observer, its clear to me that what was originally a simple wanted request has become a vehicle for varying types of "discussion". Some might call it thread crapping, some might call it banter, but I think it just a simple matter of Anthony's original post being the seed for those who believe and those who don't to post. Perhaps somebody with the capability can split away the subjective discussion on these stones to the appropriate sub-forum, thus leaving the original wanted request here? :)

mad-moon
01-07-2015, 09:44
Might be a good idea to lock this thread...Anthony is sorted..and before it gets out of hand........

Gordon Steadman
01-07-2015, 09:45
I don't think Anthony or anybody else for that matter disagrees with what you say Barry... but from somebody who is nothing more than a keen observer, its clear to me that what was originally a simple wanted request has become a vehicle for varying types of "discussion". Some might call it thread crapping, some might call it banter, but I think it just a simple matter of Anthony's original post being the seed for those who believe and those who don't to post. Perhaps somebody with the capability can split away the subjective discussion on these stones to the appropriate sub-forum, thus leaving the original wanted request here? :)

I think the whole thing is taken too seriously. If there is no room for a bit of (friendly) mocking banter then this is not the place for me. Hi-fi is not a life or death thing, just a hobby - serious and enjoyable though it is. No-one's manhood has been called into doubt.

mad-moon
01-07-2015, 09:48
this is very tame..but I think it is the most heated discussion I've seen on AOS...If it had been on that other pointed tent hifi forum...the coats would be off and they'd be on the car park..hahahahahahahaha..
I think the whole thing is taken too seriously. If there is no room for a bit of (friendly) mocking banter then this is not the place for me. Hi-fi is not a life or death thing, just a hobby - serious and enjoyable though it is. No-one's manhood has been called into doubt.

struth
01-07-2015, 09:55
I dont think it has got out of hand. if it had then a warning would have been given. As Gordon says its just friendly banter.....hopefully it will remain that way.

rdpx
01-07-2015, 11:57
I dont think it has got out of hand. if it had then a warning would have been given. As Gordon says its just friendly banter.....hopefully it will remain that way.

I'm going to get one of these, and hook it up directly to a shakti stone... hopefully that will be the end of my hi-fi journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3OlFTiUt8

twotone
01-07-2015, 12:12
Nothing worse though than trying to sell/buy something and then logging on to find a load of posts that are absolutely nothing to do with what it is that you are trying to buy/sell, at first you think yes! someone is interested has something to offer, then you are deflated by the pish being posted between people who are basically 'getting the day in'.

The only advantage of these types of threads for a seller/buyer is that it keeps the thread at the top of the page without you having to do anything as trivial as 'bumping' the thread yourself however on the other hand if you are another member trying to sell/buy something there's nothing more annoying than having to bump your own thread because it has continually been forced off the front page down to people 'larking about' on another thread:)

struth
01-07-2015, 16:19
if it were a sale thread then it would of course be a different matter. It, if nothing else got folk reading it that elsewise may not have and Anthony did get sorted so its a win, win situ.

Anthony K
01-07-2015, 21:29
When I said Ignorant I meant in the descriptive of not knowing, most people saying bad things about the item have never used it therefore should have no opinion surely that is common sense

Anthony K
01-07-2015, 22:16
Good natured ridicule certainly, ignorance is a matter of opinion. 50 years experience has pointed me away from such things and I have tried and rejected just about every bit of foo on the planet.

However, describing people who disagree with you as ignorant is not the most pleasant of traits.

It is not about pleasantries , your lack of respect for the thread I started has proved that
as for Ignorance being an opinion - you can only have an opinion on something through experience , so through all your so called years of trying and rejecting such foo as you put it have you tried the shakti stones? or are you just speaking on others opinions of the said product? (ignorance-lack of knowledge or experience) I suppose you are now gonna have a different opinion as to the meaning of the word Ignorant according to all the English dictionaries?

walpurgis
01-07-2015, 22:23
I think we have reached a point where further interaction on this thread is not a good idea. Thank you all.

Anthony K
01-07-2015, 22:24
I dont believe I put this in the discussion section Barry and secondly I dont mind ridicule , as long as the person dishing has had experience of the said Item.
What has upset many is my use of the word ignorance which proves my point to the highest degree as they are so ignorant that they do not know the meaning of the word ignorant. It was not offensive use of the word , it was correct use of the word.

I came to this Forum to meet like minded and open minded people.
Not once have I ridiculed someone for having more than 1 cartridge or more than 1 system for that matter, there are folk on here with 3 or 4 systems , an onslaught of arms and carts , amps tt's. Do I ridicule....no.......if it brings pleasure to their listening experience good on them.
My current system ( cd amp and phones ) has remained the same for 8 years. Everything I add is enhancement. Why must a mention of cables , mains cords, power conditioners , fuses or any sort of tweak fall onto a ground for humour and raccous piss taking? Seriously do all amps sound the same , tt's, Vinyl issues, cd issues , cd players , speakers , mains cables , interconnects ? within the same price bracket, if not why?

walpurgis
01-07-2015, 22:25
As above +1.

Barry
01-07-2015, 23:35

Why are you unwilling to share your findings in the open Anthony? If you can hear a clear, definite and repeatable improvement in using the Shakti Stones, then many of us would be interested in your findings. That is what joining a forum is all about.

Regards
Barry

Anthony K
02-07-2015, 06:12
I think the answer to that Barry is in the quote above your question Sir

I thought a forum was for discussion , exchanging knowledge and advice , not for pee taking and disinformation

On a side note what interested me in the tweak years ago (whilst studying sound engineering) was the fact that they were endorsed by Abbey road studio and Pink floyds Astoria studio but I guess many on this thread would have the opinion that both these now legendary studios know little about sound, music recording or resonant and frequency control. (They could be right as Pink Floyd albums have always sounded shite haven't they??????)

mad-moon
02-07-2015, 07:44
I agree Pete...thread crapping on a wanted add...is just as bad as thread crapping on a sales ad....after all is said...there is someone/persons out there wanting to sell his/her/their Shakti Stones....

Marco
02-07-2015, 12:22
Hi Anthony,

The point about thread crapping is noted, and (gentle ribbing and general banter aside), is valid. Therefore, as it's your thread, if you'd like it 'cleaned up', in terms of all off-topic/un-constructive comments removed, just say, and I'll do it :)

At the end of the day, the most important thing is that the OP of any thread posted in the classifieds section (whether it involves for sale or wanted items) is comfortable with the subsequent responses he or she receives.

Marco.

Anthony K
02-07-2015, 19:52
Thanks Marco the shakti stones arrived this morning just in time for my 47th . They work on my system and I am very happy with the purchase.

The gentleman that sold them on to me is a member of this forum and luckily for me is an honest, open minded and generous bloke. I will leave him unnamed so as to avoid further ribbing.

Thanks again Marco

Marco
02-07-2015, 20:32
No problem, Anthony. If you want the thread tidied up, let me know. Enjoy the Shaktis :)

Marco.

PaulStewart
02-07-2015, 21:19
I've posted in Blank Canvas rather than here, as it seems more appropriate, a comment about Shakti stones and correct use of English..... Enjoy :)

Anthony K
05-07-2015, 05:26
I've posted in Blank Canvas rather than here, as it seems more appropriate, a comment about Shakti stones and correct use of English..... Enjoy :)

We still need to arrange a meeting for you to confirm the Talisman effect ;)