PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

kirstysdad
20-06-2015, 16:24
I'm sure there's been a similar thread, but I'm a noobie and here we go...

At great personal risk, and I considered this on "What are you listening to" and "Favourite Album...", I have resurrected the following.
I have never been entirely sure why I shouldn't have enjoyed seeing the Ginger Meister in concert, a damn fine show, but stopped listening to his stuff.
I KNOW that its not AUTHENTIC soul, but it did lead me there, so maybe he needs some forgiveness.
The arrangements are tight, and I recall it was the soundtrack to the seduction of a few girls back in the distant past...:doh:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51p%2BxHiFF1L.jpg

dantheman91
20-06-2015, 16:32
Abba

:uhho:
:sofa:

kirstysdad
20-06-2015, 16:45
Abba

:uhho:
:sofa:

Welcome Dan,
Do not be ashamed Dan, there is NO NEED to be ashamed. The arrangements and compositions are flawless, and many straight folk love them too!
I hate the movie Mama Mia, but in a quiet moment put on MY WIFE'S copy of ABBA Gold, especially Super Trooper.
Very Brave. Well done, Dan.

Tim
20-06-2015, 16:55
and many straight folk love them too!
:lol: what on earth does that mean - you have to be gay to be an Abba fan, but it's OK if you're' not?

One of the best and certainly amongst the most technically gifted pop bands ever - timeless music, even for straight folk!

kirstysdad
20-06-2015, 17:17
:lol: what on earth does that mean - you have to be gay to be an Abba fan, but it's OK if you're' not?

One of the best and certainly amongst the most technically gifted pop bands ever - timeless music, even for straight folk!

Oh Tim, don't be daft!
I could not agree more, I only mean to draw attention to the reality that certain bands have a huge gay following that seems to put off heterosexual men from admitting that they like them. I am simply trying to address prejudice in my remark, not being biased, far from it.:harp:

Anthony K
20-06-2015, 17:58
Soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever and Grease , and just for the record (no pun intended ) I feel no shame whatsoever , good music be good music , however The Jets track Crush on You makes me feel just plain dirty and I love it. :booty:

kirstysdad
20-06-2015, 18:05
http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/rockyhorror.jpg

Reminds me of...

dantheman91
20-06-2015, 19:22
Oh Tim, don't be daft!
I could not agree more, I only mean to draw attention to the reality that certain bands have a huge gay following that seems to put off heterosexual men from admitting that they like them. I am simply trying to address prejudice in my remark, not being biased, far from it.:harp:

Yes some of the most crafted musicianship of a generation. I love most of their albums excellent records and vocal harmonies are superb.....but people love them people hate them......Will agree the film is bad but thats one for the female fans.....:eyebrows: