PDA

View Full Version : Ever felt stoopid ?

mikmas
13-06-2015, 23:25
This evening my daughter pointed out to me that I can stream audio from YouTube to my Pi directly from my phone...she didn't even know I had a Pi :lol:

Also never realised I could do the same from iTunes on my desktop... and probably the BluRay player too
Guess I've been missing the point all along :doh:

struth
13-06-2015, 23:38
How stupid can you be....of course you can............. how :eyebrows:

walpurgis
13-06-2015, 23:40
Don't really know about 'streaming'. Thought it had something to do with sweat :).

mikmas
13-06-2015, 23:45
How stupid can you be....of course you can............. how :eyebrows:

If you play a YouTube clip or iTunes track on your iPhone there is an rectangular icon with a triangle in the playbar. Clicking on it gives the option of playback via the phone or Volumio (in my case)

Simpkles :lol:

struth
13-06-2015, 23:54
If you play a YouTube clip or iTunes track on your iPhone there is an rectangular icon with a triangle in the playbar. Clicking on it gives the option of playback via the phone or Volumio (in my case)

Simpkles :lol:

nice tip Mike. I will try it tomorrow, although I dont have any apple gear will see if it works on android....cheers

rallye666
29-06-2015, 21:41
That is the AirPlay icon. I think it's enabled by default in one of the settings menus.

Most useful using tidal (or spotify) on my iPhone and sending it to the pi

Kit1cat
30-06-2015, 06:54
Airplay is a great way to stream music to your Raspberry pi, I use it to listen to the Spotify and Radio Paradise app's on my Ipad via moode audio player on my Pi.

kirstysdad
01-07-2015, 19:23
WTF?
What's wrong with wires? What's the obsession with wireless this and streaming that, whatever it all means... stream my vinyl, yeh, I don't think so... bet yer ever so clever Pi can't flip a LP over and drop the stylus in the right place, eh, no it can't...:steam::steam:

I remember in the day you could stack singles up on a player and play 5 in a row, no one complained, and the speakers were in the radiogram........:mental:

Have I missed anything?:doh:

struth
01-07-2015, 19:26
My Pi is not wireless though. it is wired:ner:

kirstysdad
01-07-2015, 20:43
My Pi is not wireless though. it is wired:ner:

Wired is it? I'll give you "wired"! Ah'm wired! Wired big time- ma heid cannae cope wi these temperatures! Ma heids pure burstin! Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!:chainsaw:
Pi is it? Where's the beans, eh? And a pint, please. Deuchars IPA would be fine, I can see one now, but my fingers pass right through it :mental:

struth
01-07-2015, 20:55
A lot cooler now here... been raining thankfully. not often I take the side of Scottish weather lol:cocktail:

kirstysdad
01-07-2015, 21:14
A lot cooler now here... been raining thankfully. not often I take the side of Scottish weather lol:cocktail:

Anything above 15C I regard as permission to strip down to my vest... I'm designed for hail and high winds!;)

Marco
01-07-2015, 21:20
Wired is it? I'll give you "wired"! Ah'm wired! Wired big time- ma heid cannae cope wi these temperatures! Ma heids pure burstin! Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!:chainsaw:
Pi is it? Where's the beans, eh? And a pint, please. Deuchars IPA would be fine, I can see one now, but my fingers pass right through it :mental:

Fookin' humid as feck here, Sandy, innit? Guid excuse tae wear a kilt, wi bare boz, and get some air roon them! :D

Marco.

kirstysdad
04-07-2015, 10:39
Fookin' humid as feck here, Sandy, innit? Guid excuse tae wear a kilt, wi bare boz, and get some air roon them! :D

Marco.

Humidity is the killer! Kilt's too hot- I'd need a lightweight one, or some sort of vented mesh! Any berboz wearing that might cause a bit of a stooshie doon here!!!!!:flasher:

kirstysdad
04-07-2015, 10:42
Humidity is the killer! Kilt's too hot- I'd need a lightweight one, or some sort of vented mesh! Any berboz wearing that might cause a bit of a stooshie doon here!!!!!:flasher:

Google found this!https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmQGlxPYZInjj9miM7oD5TLJiTRf54S XX6a2d3vo_PL3Q1kPVe