PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kent

pennepacker
10-06-2015, 10:13
Hello,

I have fairly recently bought a Technics 1200 so have been spending a fair amount of time lurking in the Techipedia both before and after acquiring my new deck (it replaced a 20-year-old Pro-ject 1, which my Dad is now using to rediscover his vinyl collection).

Signing up as when the inevitable urge to tinker arises I will no doubt have a question or two to ask myself, and hopefully pick up a thing or two from the Classifieds.

My Hifi room set up is a Technics 1200 MkII (with upgraded PSU) with SAE 1000LT cart, into a Rega Brio-R amp and Rega RS1 speakers. I also have a PS3 set up through a Monitor Audio V-DAC I for CD playback and Spotify.

In the lounge I have a surround sound system mainly for movies, but I also have wired into this a Raspberry Pi with DAC running PiCorePlayer that I use for Spotify and streaming from a NAS

Nick

struth
10-06-2015, 10:23
welcome to AoS Nick. I hope you find the forum helpful.. if you have any pics you can put them into the Gallery section...we'd like to see them.

walpurgis
10-06-2015, 18:54
Hi Nick. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like a decent setup you have there.

You obviously know you've come to the right place for Techie fans. You'll find a lot to keep you occupied.

Tell us what music you play and what plans if any you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
14-06-2015, 12:45
Welcome to AoS Nick,

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Regards
Barry