PDA

View Full Version : The Rolling Hobbitland...

kirstysdad
05-06-2015, 16:03
Hi there!
My name's Sandy and I'm a Scorpio, and I'm into, oops... sorry, wrong site!

I've been an irregular member over on the pink side for 9 years, yet have only just discovered TAoS! No idea why that is. I live on the Welsh Marches if you know where that is, in Wales, west of Shrewsbury. I work in England. But I am Scottish... just to confuse matters!

I worked in the trade back in 1988-92, and have been infected by the Naim virus since then. I have a Naim CDX and NAC72 (modded by Colin at CPT in Ludlow) into a HiCap/180 modded by Les W. So I sort of like the Naim sound but don't, if that makes sense?
I've had a pair of Shahinian Arc from the late Bob Griffin since 1993. Recently got on to Usher with an old pair of S520s, and now have a more recent pair of S520/SW520 too. And a lovely old Primare D20/A20mk2 set up which I adore. I'm currently swapping between them all, and have been beguiled (good word for a Friday) by the Primare kit into the Ushers.

Music tastes are varied- right now Anouar Brahem is on, before that the Stones, and before that Mahler or John Grant. I like BBC 6music/Radio 3/4.
Like several folk here, I have a motorbike and a set of earplugs. And 2 children- earplugs too! I used to be fit, no longer am, so have several unridden bicycles of varying vintage.

I am a musical magpie constantly on the lookout for something new to peck at.:mental:

Ali Tait
05-06-2015, 18:18
Hi, welcome, I too am a Kirsty's dad. :-)

walpurgis
05-06-2015, 18:32
Hi Sandy. Welcome to AOS.

You'll find it's a friendly place here and I'm sure there'll be plenty to interest you.

There are members who like bikes too. I'm one of them.

If you have system changes in mind, let us know what you have planned. We like to hear what people are doing.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

archiesdad
05-06-2015, 19:06
Howdy and welcome.

Macca
06-06-2015, 08:18
Welcome from a Libra...

I used to know the Welsh Marches, had a girlfriend who lived out In the sticks near Montgomery. Beautiful place, very remote and wild even though it is only down the road from Shrewsbury.

Marco
06-06-2015, 12:20
Welcome to AoS, Sandy :)

If you're anywhere near Montgomery, you live in a wonderful part of the world! It's one of my favourite little villages - totally idyllic, and somewhere both Del and I would love to live. On special occasions we enjoy having a meal at The Checkers: http://www.thecheckersmontgomery.co.uk/

Do you know of it?

Marco.

kirstysdad
06-06-2015, 18:38
Chequers is not far, and I've sampled their wares once or twice when funds permit... expensive, but not by Edinburgh, London or even Ludlow standards given the excellence of cuisine!
Lovely biking, cycling and drinking in the 6 Bells at Bishops Castle. What a great wee place that is! Tiny place with 2 breweries!:cool:

Marco
06-06-2015, 19:06
Will give the 6 bells a go next time I'm in the area :)

Yeah, Checkers is pricey, but Stephane's food is truly top notch Michelin standard, and the vibe in his restaurant is wonderful, so cosy yet classy! We had a lobster bisque there that was to die for :eek:

We also love shopping at Bunners - what a time warp that place is! But you always find something different that you can't get anywhere else. The little deli/cafe in the main street is wonderful too (especially the home-made soups). Also, if you fancy a top-notch home-made curry, try the lamb one that they serve in the Dragon Hotel - it's stunning [and the beer there is pretty good, too]!! :drool:

Marco.

Eagle owl
08-06-2015, 16:01
Hello and welcome Sandy.

Geoff. :wave: