PDA

View Full Version : Caiman 2 - Low Output With headphones

Darren Cotter
02-06-2015, 11:20
Hi All

I have a Caiman 2 (Rev 1.3) that I am using with Sennheiser 650's (300 ohm) with a Toxic Cables Silver Poison cable. I'm finding that I have to turn the volume up to full to get decent volume.

I have just fitted a Mark Grant fuse and noticed a set of dip switches. Do these have anything to do with the headphone sockets output? Mine is set to no.1 up, no. 2 down and so on.

Regards

Darren

StanleyB
02-06-2015, 22:07
The HP output is set for the HD600/650 at the maximum setting of the volume control. This is to prevent low output headphones from sounding far too loud otherwise.
The dip switches are for a future project. Don't touch them!!!

coolblue
02-06-2015, 22:12
How does Mark Grant fuse make a difference than the stock one ?

Stan, How soon can we learn about the future project of those switches ?

StanleyB
03-06-2015, 06:28
Stan, How soon can we learn about the future project of those switches ?
No idea at this stage. I have a case load of projects to go through, but not enough brain power to work on many of them at the same time. One person who used to help me with some of the work on the PCB side is suffering from a mental breakdown. So I am a bit understaffed right now.

Firebottle
03-06-2015, 06:33
One person who used to help me with some of the work on the PCB side is suffering from a mental breakdown.

That's a bit of a tragedy Stan, allow me to speak on behalf of everyone on here and give best wishes to said person and hope for the best possible outcome further down the line.

Alan

Darren Cotter
03-06-2015, 06:58
Ditto.

Darren Cotter
03-06-2015, 07:21
Hi Stan

Thanks for your answer.

Would a Capella help? I have a 12v Mark Grant power supply I could use to upgrade it as well.

Regards

Darren

StanleyB
03-06-2015, 09:17
Hi Stan

Thanks for your answer.

Would a Capella help? I have a 12v Mark Grant power supply I could use to upgrade it as well.

Regards

Darren
The Capella would make a considerable difference. I stopped using my HD650 with the CMII. It is now connected to the Capella. Have a word with Tony (Wee Tee Cee), who has done a great bit of work on testing the HD650 with both the CMII and the Capella. I am quite chuffed with the feedback from users of the Capella around the world and even found a very long thread on another forum from multiple users. I dropped the price recently because of the increased sales. The 15V MG power supply would have been an even better treat (as tested by me and a few people), but the 12V will do the job.