PDA

View Full Version : Wanted CD spinner approx £200.00

mad-moon
30-05-2015, 10:08
wanted please cd spinner (must have remote control) approx value £200.00....multi players considered..wouldn't mind sacd capability..wot ya got gals nd guys...

I'm using a Denon dvd-2900...which plays cd..sacd..dvd-a....exceptionally well..so looking to better it If possible ta...

pcourtney
30-05-2015, 12:54
I just bought a second Denon DVD-2910 on flea bay for £27 (as a backup to the original one I bought new in 2006)

boy does it punch above its weight for Redbook CD and SA-CD, also plays the few DVD-A that I have in my collection, is has analogue outs for the multi-channel SA-CD, but mostly I listen to 2 ch stereo on the Denon with my old AKG-340 headphones

the laser CD that Denon used on these often dies, but they are easy to swap out for £10 new ones :-)

rossman
30-05-2015, 19:02
Hi Alan,

I have a Rotel RCD 965BX available, might not be what you are looking for as there isn't any SACD capability. I'm looking for £35 as the power cord is quite short but would rather not post. I see that you are located in the North East so personal delivery might be possible if your not too far away.

mad-moon
30-05-2015, 19:42
Thanks Ross...I know this player and it aint a have bad player...however I'ts not what I'm after ta......
Hi Alan,

I have a Rotel RCD 965BX available, might not be what you are looking for as there isn't any SACD capability. I'm looking for £35 as the power cord is quite short but would rather not post. I see that you are located in the North East so personal delivery might be possible if your not too far away.

09mike69
31-05-2015, 10:46
theres a marantz cd6000 KI signature on the bay for £200 + £10 post. i dont know what ken does to them but they're supposed to be superior to the standard OSE version.
cheers,
mike.

mad-moon
31-05-2015, 11:48
thanks Mike...I'll have a look see...
theres a marantz cd6000 KI signature on the bay for £200 + £10 post. i dont know what ken does to them but they're supposed to be superior to the standard OSE version.
cheers,
mike.

09mike69
31-05-2015, 12:28

ive got the OSE version and there pretty classy cdp's, nice text display ,if its on the disc, HDAM, but i dont know if they have SACD, mine plays copied cd's, heavy units too.
cheers,
mike.

rdpx
31-05-2015, 17:37

I have been following the prices on these as I have one, you should be able to get one for closer to £120 I would have thought.

If the eBay listing is the Gazember one, he's had that up at that price for ages with no interest.

[There's a Rega Planet FS on here as well right at your budget...]

mad-moon
31-05-2015, 18:11
Yeah..been offered the planet...it's a lovely spinner too..and the price is super keen...but I need a front loader... I'm busy trying to negotiate either a Roksan Kandy..or possibly a Tag McClaren...Looking at a Vincent too...I may give up on the sacd side of things..and get a pure cd player..My head is done in...
I have been following the prices on these as I have one, you should be able to get one for closer to £120 I would have thought.

If the eBay listing is the Gazember one, he's had that up at that price for ages with no interest.

[There's a Rega Planet FS on here as well right at your budget...]

struth
31-05-2015, 18:17
Got a mint Denon 2900 that does sacd dvd cd etc. just needs a laser which I have. the one in it is getting flakey. Really should get it fixed but I dont really need it now. Could be an option.

edit...cancel that, I see you have one...lol.......:doh:. pretty hard to beat tbh . Maybe a pioneer dv 717(got 2) or a 737.

mad-moon
31-05-2015, 18:24
Thanks Grant......I'm using a minty Denon DVD-2900..which does everything quite well...I've owned a pioneer DV-717...it was good..but it wasn't quite Carling
Got a mint Denon 2900 that does sacd dvd cd etc. just needs a laser which I have. the one in it is getting flakey. Really should get it fixed but I dont really need it now. Could be an option.

edit...cancel that, I see you have one...lol.......:doh:. pretty hard to beat tbh . Maybe a pioneer dv 717(got 2) or a 737.

rdpx
31-05-2015, 18:36
My head is done in...

I hear you!

The Marantz if actually rather pleasing in the way it all works. Not having a remote controlled amp the fact that you can adjust the volume from the CDP remote is a nice touch, it also has nice repeat and time left features. I paid £250 for mine in a Richer Sounds 50% off fire sale in about 2002 I think it was. Sounds from the ones you just mentioned you are maybe looking for something a but more "audiophile obscure" though, which I admit I lean towards as well though it is not really giving me any proper excuse to sell it!

Good luck with the head though. Forget about it for a day or two and have a beer, it will all become clear I am sure, and you can't really go wrong.

Robert

mad-moon
16-06-2015, 14:27
Sorted at long last...Cheerz Tony at Coherent...Nice Musical Fidlety A3.5 on its way to me...

rdpx
17-06-2015, 00:38
Sorted at long last...Cheerz Tony at Coherent...Nice Musical Fidlety A3.5 on its way to me...

I thought about getting that... I think you got a steal there as if you don't like it you should be able to flip it on eBay for £100 more than Tony was asking. Well played, Alan.

Let us know what it's like, and post a photo!