PDA

View Full Version : Hello

foxbat
28-05-2015, 12:09
Just to say hello - I've been lurking for a while and now I seem to have discovered a latent urge for valves which up until I came here I didn't know existed!

Kris

struth
28-05-2015, 13:44
Welcome Kris. latent valve urges eh....you better be careful or you will be buying them :)

trio leo
28-05-2015, 17:05
Hello Kris,
Welcome to the AoS from me, what's your system and your taste in music? if you have any photos we would love to see 'em in the gallery.

enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

walpurgis
29-05-2015, 09:57
Hi Kris. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, valves are a popular topic and there are very knowledgeable members.

Why not start a thread in the Blank Canvas section outlining what you have in mind, you'll get plenty of replies.

If you have a system currently tell us about it and about your music preferences.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

foxbat
31-05-2015, 18:26
Thanks for the warm welcome - in terms of music a little bit of jazz, a little bit of folk, a little bit of funk in fact most things that aren't opera or full on death metal!

I've gradually over the past few years been getting kit that sounds better and better down the one box route (starting from £99 Argos special:)), I've now got a Naim Unitilite and a set of Monitor Audio Silver 2's but(!) I'm just kind of wondering could I get something more enveloping (is that a phrase) and warmer? Vinyl and valves seem to give something above what my current experience has included (CD's and digital).

The blank canvas section sounds a good idea - a bit more reading past threads first!

Eagle owl
01-06-2015, 15:26
Hello and welcome Kris.

Geoff. :wave:

Barry
02-06-2015, 20:40
Welcome to AoS Kris.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry