PDA

View Full Version : HELLO

Marktdac
10-09-2009, 22:59
Hi im Mark from North Wales Just signed up after comeing across the sight when looking for info on Beresford Dacs

Music tastes for a long time have been 80s rock/heavy metal ,however in recent years iv started listening to dance/trance ,basicly through lack of decent new rock music

Like lots of music some of it is rubbish and some sounds amazeing ,especially with a decent hifi

I also like vangelis /jarre etc

Mark:cool:

DSJR
11-09-2009, 06:56
Mornin' and welcome!

Piccies please. What part of nth Wales are you from? All "my lot" hail from the Clwyd Valley...

John
11-09-2009, 08:21
Hi Mark
Welcome and enjoy
Still think there is plenty of good rock and metal myself but you have to search for it

Alex_UK
11-09-2009, 10:05
Welcome Mark - have fun, and enjoy the forum - have you bought a Beresford DAC yet? If not, you'll get plenty of advice on here - mine would be just get one! Depends on the rest of the system and what you want it for, but my Caiman is the bees knees (unmodded) and has transformed my PC music, Soundbridge streaming and even Sky TV/Radio - what I wasn't expecting was to end up putting my (reasonable) CD Player through it - it's that good!

Marco
11-09-2009, 17:35
Hi Mark,

Welcome to AOS :)

What part of North Wales are you from? As you can see, I live in Wrexham.

Enjoy and get stuck in! :cool:

Marco.

Beechwoods
11-09-2009, 20:43
Hi Mark. So which bands did you used to like as far as 80's rock / metal are concerned? I'm sure between us we could name some new bands that hold a torch to the old classics!

Marktdac
11-09-2009, 22:20
Thanks everyone ,im from Colwyn Bay ,i do go to Actongate Audio now and again in Wrexham

I purchased a caimen Dac and am listening to now

As far as bands go gary moore ,thin lizzy ,magnum,whitsnake ,journey,wasp
etc

most of the decent stuff theses days seem to stem from the old bands

Mark