PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Shrewsbury

Avinunca1
27-05-2015, 18:06
I've been intrigued by sound since my teenage years. I made a Practical Electronics Minisonic synthesiser which was a lot of fun. Then I made a Texan kit transistor amplifier which was my first foray into hifi.
More latterly I have made a kit valve phono amp and a kit valve pre. I own two valve power amps, a Leak 20 and recently I bought
a Border Patrol SE300B assembled in a non standard chassis from original parts with separate huge psu. I'm very happy with this and when time permits will fit a couple of 300b heater psu boards to improve it further.
Vinyl is favourite and I have a selection of stuff ranging from Bach to Frank Zappa to Joni and Kate Bush though I'm getting more into jazz. I'm very fortunate to have access to a very good venue for live jazz in town. I see a new shop is opening here soon selling new vinyl and cd.
When I retire in a couple of years I hope to spend more time messing around with valve amps and would like to do a scratch build.
Other interests travel, motorbikes - used to have a nice 81 Ducati 900SS but nothing right now.

DarrenHW
27-05-2015, 18:42
Welcome aboard Michael :).

walpurgis
29-05-2015, 10:06
Hi Michael. Welcome to AOS.

Your description sounds strangely like one of me. Hi-Fi, music choices and bikes etc.

Your system sounds interesting, why not bung some photos in the Gallery section. They'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Firebottle
29-05-2015, 10:25
Hi Michael, nice to have another valve aficionado on board, we like valves on here.

Ditto for the photos, internal build shots always appreciated too.

:)