PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry Pi Infrared Remote Power Switch

chris_s
18-05-2015, 21:34
Could be an interesting add-on for those who want to power off their Pi when not using it:-

http://www.msldigital.com/collections/all-products/products/remotepi-board-plus-2015
(this is for the newer Raspberry Pi 2 but they do the boards for the other models too!)

I wonder if it could be added on top of the Pi-Dac+? Obviously Gordon's Pi-Dac+ case might need modding slightly but interesting idea...

Chris.

killie99
19-05-2015, 10:11
I fancy building the pi and IQ dac into a nice box along with a linear power supply and the remote on/off might be useful although the thing draws so little power you kinda think what's the point?

mikmas
19-05-2015, 14:25
Looking at the pictures with it mounted it would snag against the audio outputs on the IQ DAC board unfortunately....

chris_s
19-05-2015, 14:57
Mike - yea i realise that one, possibly with the case meant for the Dac+ AND the iqaudio amp there may be room.

I have just the normal Dac+ case but a quick look seems to suggest i could spin the remote board round 180degrees and put it at the other end of the case above the USB ports and then run some jumper leads between the right interface pins. I like the idea of using it since i've got a logitech harmony remote which i could program to turn it off when not in use.

I might take a punt at it and see, not breaking the bank. Would involve some careful modification of the case sides with the dremel for the power input port of the remote board.

I'll report back when i get chance to get one.

Chris.