PDA

View Full Version : Ozric Tentacles - Erpsongs

Haselsh1
17-05-2015, 15:32
OK, I have had this album on vinyl for a week now and even though I am a massive Ozric Tentacles fan I simply cannot get on with this black disc. It was their first ever release so I had high hopes it would be stunning but it is nowhere near up to the standard of Erpland and Pungent Effulgent. These are two other albums that I intend to buy on vinyl if I can still get them.

Erpsongs is flat, dull and lifeless and not a patch on some of their more modern releases. The two albums I have already mentioned are two of my alltime favourites but I also love 'Become the Other' and 'Curious Corn'. Having heard what I have, I think this is one band who have definitely matured with age.

Sovereign
17-05-2015, 15:35
Wow, Ozric, that's a blast from the past. Thanks for the reminder, I'll look them up on Spotify

Haselsh1
17-05-2015, 15:39
Yeah, the album I have recently bought is from 1984 so a good way back. My favourite is 'Become the Other' even though they were using drum machines at that point.

RichB
17-05-2015, 16:05
Strangeitude and Live Underslunky are my favourite of theirs.

Fantastic production on strangeitude.

Haselsh1
17-05-2015, 18:12
Yes, definitely Strangeitude. Got that on vinyl as well as CD for when I can't quite make my mind up. Since buying a Croft pre I so prefer vinyl to CD. I think Glen sabotages the CD input :eyebrows:

rossman
19-05-2015, 15:37
Erpland is in my top 5 albums ever, I've only ever had it on CD though. I had some of the other original Dovetail LPs and rather stupidly sold them but I do still have all 6 of the cassette releases.

I haven't bought much of their more recent stuff, only The Yum Yum Tree which well worth a listen but not in the same league as Erpland in my opinion.

Haselsh1
19-05-2015, 15:51
I haven't bought much of their more recent stuff, only The Yum Yum Tree which well worth a listen but not in the same league as Erpland in my opinion.

Totally agree with that statement ;)