PDA

View Full Version : Oleta Adams appreciation society.

Firebottle
13-05-2015, 08:02
I think we all know who is the unofficial president of this.

A big up to Audio Al for releasing some of his world stock :eyebrows: and very kindly sending me a copy of the album 'Circle of One'.

I have been blown away by Oleta's voice ever since I first heard her on the Tears for Fears album 'The Seeds of Love', featuring prominently on the first track 'Woman in Chains'.

IMO she has a fantastic voice with all the depth and effortless delivery you could ever want.

A large thank you again to Al for his generosity :thumbsup:

:cool: Alan

struth
13-05-2015, 12:25
The album The Glory of Gershwin has Oleta singing Embracable you which is fantastic...the whole album is tbh. it was to celebrate Larry Adler's 80th birthday. one of those 12/10 albums that occasionally appear and often remain under the radar. not one track is inferior and some real big names singing..larry even at that age was terrific too

Audio Al
14-05-2015, 12:59
No Love for Oleta :(

Looks like its me and you Alan ;)

I think she is GREAT :D

Did I mention this before :)

anthonyTD
14-05-2015, 16:23
I also think she has a fantastic voice! :)
There's three of us now, and Grant of course! :D
A...

struth
14-05-2015, 17:33
I think I said it also :ner:

anthonyTD
14-05-2015, 17:43
Sorted! :D
I think I said it also :ner:

struth
14-05-2015, 18:17
Sorted! :D

:lol:

Floyddroid
23-05-2015, 21:29
Fantastic album. One of the best things Tears For Fears gave to the world apart from The Hurting.
I think we all know who is the unofficial president of this.

A big up to Audio Al for releasing some of his world stock :eyebrows: and very kindly sending me a copy of the album 'Circle of One'.

I have been blown away by Oleta's voice ever since I first heard her on the Tears for Fears album 'The Seeds of Love', featuring prominently on the first track 'Woman in Chains'.

IMO she has a fantastic voice with all the depth and effortless delivery you could ever want.

A large thank you again to Al for his generosity :thumbsup:

:cool: Alan

rossman
13-06-2015, 20:15
I recently picked up a copy of Circle of One on CD after seeing Alan mention Oleta and also hearing Get Here quite often on the radio while at work and it growing on me, I never really liked it when it was originally issued.

On first listen I don't think that the rest of the album is for me, the production is a bit over the top for my liking but there is no denying that she has a great voice. I will try to revisit it when I've got less going on.