PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Amp £200-£350 What ya got?????

Anthony K
11-05-2015, 19:43
Looking for descent quality Intergrated must be in excellent to pristine nick
Show us what ya got if ya big enuff

loosend
11-05-2015, 19:56
Bit vague Anthony :)
How much power do u need?
Solid state?
What will they be running?
Or are u gunna simply pickup an amp and work from there?

I have a Cairn Diablo Integrated, sounds bloody brilliant, I read the reviews about it before I bought it and though eh doesn't seem to be that good but I was convinced it was and my goodness it is, I love the thing it's a little belter.

I went on and got the monoblocks which I'm listening too at the moment and they are fantastic too.

I may let the integrated go...

southall-1998
11-05-2015, 19:58
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?38484-FS-Rega-Brio-R

But not pristine though!

S.

Anthony K
11-05-2015, 20:50
looking for 70- 100 watt per channel
Running tannoy speakers nowt else - new project

mikeyb
11-05-2015, 21:01
Hi,

For that sort of money the Brio-R is a great choice. I had one and only sold it in order to buy something a LOT more expensive. Great reviews all over the place and if you don't like it then it will sell for the same with little or no loss.

Mike.

southall-1998
11-05-2015, 21:10
Hi,

For that sort of money the Brio-R is a great choice. I had one and only sold it in order to buy something a LOT more expensive. Great reviews all over the place and if you don't like it then it will sell fire the same with little or no loss.

Mike.

Spot on, Mike.

S.

walpurgis
11-05-2015, 21:13
looking for 70- 100 watt per channel
Running tannoy speakers nowt else - new project

What Tannoys would those be Anthony?

Anthony K
11-05-2015, 22:34
Sorry Geoff I am buying on behalf of a friend it was 1of the earlier models with the dome super tweeter on top he will email me the details tomorrow , sorry for the vagueness
If it helps he has a visual liking for Arcam in the white finish. He also prefers silver or champagne finish.
He saw the recent photo here of the Sony tf3000es and almost soiled his draws.
So apart from being non black he really wants to see what is out there and I told him I will ask the friendly folk here

Just texted me
Tannoy sensys dct2

walpurgis
11-05-2015, 22:49
If it helps he has a visual liking for Arcam in the white finish. He also prefers silver or champagne finish.

Personally, my inclination would not be to match Arcam (along with some other amp makes) with Tannoys. The majority of Tannoys are extremely revealing at the top end, so sympathetic amp choices are the name of the game.

Class A amps work well, but are not within the quoted budget. Some Class D/T amps match well, the Topping TP-60 springs to mind. It's plenty powerful enough, gives a very pleasant sound and works well with Tannoys. Well put together too. I've used one with my Tannoys.

One here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Topping-TP60-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier-few-months-old-light-use-Warranty-/161695577354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a5ceb50a

They are a bargain!!

(black finish though I'm afraid)

Anthony K
12-05-2015, 13:17
:rolleyes: Nuthin as yet

hifilover
12-05-2015, 15:20
Sorry, but never heard anyone saying that Arcam isn't suited to revealing speakers... Like Nat King Coles voice, Arcam is generally as smooth as chocolate! Arcam is ideal for soothing feisty highs! As would Marantz etc...

Sorry for the intrusion on your thread BTW Anthony...

Anthony K
12-05-2015, 16:25
no problem Dan , my mates first choice was an Arcam, I havent had experience with 1 so could not advise him on the sound
but I have heard they are quite good at their price points

johnny reggae
12-05-2015, 16:42
Hi Anthony,
I Have a black Linn Intek integrated amplifier, boxed, manual, in near mint condition, £220, and a
Luxman L-85v integrated amplifier, serviced by London sound in 2011, in excellent condition,£340 .
Both amps have had a easy life ,as back-up to my Krell and Bel-canto power amps, the only reason for me selling now is I have just got a Yamaha mx-1000 power amp as back-up, so selling the integrated amps.
I live near Guildford Surrey so not to far away, to pick-up.

Geoff101
13-05-2015, 07:37
I've got a classic Denon PMA-850 in the cupboard not doing anything. It's not mint (being nearly 40 years old) but it's pretty good. As far as I know it's all original and looks untouched inside.
Good working order. Might benefit from a service given its age but bags of smooth power as it is. One just sold on ebay for just over £300 with a wonky fascia plate so I'd be looking at something around that.
Superb build quality. I think they were the best part of £500 retail in the late 70s which is about £2500+ in today's money.

If that's of interest I'll find some pictures.

Anthony K
15-05-2015, 18:08
Thanks for the input and advice Gents , my mate has settled on a minty Creek A50ir (£195)

droom
16-05-2015, 20:21
Champagne colour and class A http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?119418-For-Sale-Something-a-bit-different