PDA

View Full Version : Graham Slee Proprius Power Amps

CageyH
07-05-2015, 15:56
Well, I am not at all biased :ner:, but HiFi Pig certainly seem to like them.

http://hifipig.com/graham-slee-proprius-mono-power-amps/

walpurgis
07-05-2015, 16:10
Interesting products.

Not sure why the review, which describes them as Class AB amplifiers calls them Class A at the end.

CageyH
07-05-2015, 16:12
I have no idea. They are clearly sold/marketed as class AB on the Graham Slee website.

CageyH
03-09-2015, 10:56
After reading a review of the combination of Manestic/Proprius, I have requested a home loan of a Majestic Pre/Dac.
This should coincide nicely with my next holiday so I will post my opinion at the end of my trial period.

I am secretly hoping that I won't like it!
I kind of told Mrs H that I had finished.

walpurgis
03-09-2015, 11:20
That should be interesting. Looking forward to your views.

Stratmangler
03-09-2015, 11:34
I kind of told Mrs H that I had finished.

You don't think she believed you, do you?
The Majestic is a very capable DAC, and the line in sounds transparent too - I think you'll be sneaking one in under the radar before too long ;)

brian2957
03-09-2015, 11:38
The amps work well with the Frugals then :)

You have PM Kevin .

CageyH
03-09-2015, 11:55
Brian,

They work very well.
Thanks for the message. Several points noted.

CageyH
10-09-2015, 07:44
The Majestic has arrived.
Unfortunately I can't use it yet as I forgot to ask for the appropriate cables, so I need to modify some.
The balanced outputs use TRS connectors, and not XLR as I had wrongly assumed. The RCA output is a fixed output, and rather than play with the Proprius volume levels, I prefer to get it wired up correctly.

The parts are on the way, so it should be up and running by the weekend.

wee tee cee
11-09-2015, 00:19
How are you getting on with the Frugels?

Had a couple of AOS troops over the other day and they heard mine from new -both noticed they have really settled down.

Dare say the proprius will be delivering plenty of power to them...they do come into their own with a bit of power behind them.

CageyH
11-09-2015, 03:51
They are superb speakers. They are still opening up and the Proprius drive them really well.
I am very happy with the combination.

CageyH
29-09-2015, 13:31
Well it is time to send the Majestic back.
It's an impressive bit of kit with loads of connectivity available. However, in my system it is not significantly better than my Pre and DAC combo to justify me upgrading. I am glad I tried it. If I was looking for a new DAC/Pre from scratch, it certainly would be a contender.

I will be able to put more money into media now that the itch has been scratched.