dantheman91
22-04-2015, 16:11
Hi Guys
I have been offered a full marantz system as follows:

Cassette deck model no 5050m.
Tuner model no 2060ml
Amplifier model no 1070m
Belt drive turntable model no 6025

Amplifier works fine the Belt is perished on the turntable , Tuner doesn't work and comes with a big pair of eagle speakers for all items its less then £50 :scratch:

Might be worth a punt just for the amplifier.?

Thanks

hermit
22-04-2015, 17:43
There was some discussion on pfm (http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169858) of the merits of the various Marantz amps of that era. The 1070 seems to be well liked. I had a 2050 tuner which was a lovely sounding thing so it might be worth investigating the problems with the 2060 in your stack. IMO, the amp alone is worth the asking if it is in good order.

walpurgis
22-04-2015, 18:10
The amp is quite a nice unit. The tuner was nothing special as far as I recall. The turntable is a cheapish model, but should work with a generic Japanese sized belt, a Pioneer PL-12D one may be OK. The cassette deck I don't know anything about. At £50 I'd say it's worth a go.

The Barbarian
22-04-2015, 19:04
Yeh i think the Amp is the price you want to be covering..

dantheman91
22-04-2015, 19:19
Yep thats what i'm thinking can sell the rest as S/R and the cassette might be interesting to keep. Although can't find much info an the amplifier I'm guessing its not as popular as the other ranges.

Thanks

Picture below...........He says the cassette has marks where stuff has been stacked previous but should be OK.

walpurgis
22-04-2015, 19:32
Also bear in mind that one or two of the Eagle speakers were quite interesting. Early ones used high quality Japanese drivers sourced from Foster and Coral.

dantheman91
22-04-2015, 19:39
Really thats also interesting.......cheers Geoff.

Coral Cor they are High Quality.

Macca
23-04-2015, 07:52
All looks very tidy. Hard to resist for fifty quid.

dantheman91
23-04-2015, 08:36
Doing the deal tonight already have plans to sell the rest keep the amplifier and see whats in the speakers :eyebrows:.

Cheers

walpurgis
23-04-2015, 09:02
Doing the deal tonight already have plans to sell the rest keep the amplifier and see whats in the speakers :eyebrows:.

Cheers

Smart fella! :)

The Barbarian
23-04-2015, 16:30

Cheers

Or you could forget it & concentrate on you new Revox R+R

dantheman91
24-04-2015, 14:53
Urm.............

:scratch:

Would i be able to sell them?

Macca
24-04-2015, 15:24
They look like they might be quite capable. Have you tried them?

dantheman91
24-04-2015, 15:35
Hi Mart

No not yet the mini tweeters in the mid a very early Audax , The back the of the terminal , X over section it says marsden hall made in England so. Gonna take the front panal of for a closer inspection later. All the marantz gear is totally mint all manuels , cable , brochures , warranty receipts the lot.

Gordon Steadman
24-04-2015, 16:09
Marsden Hall speakers seem quite well though of. You may be surprised when you listen to them. If you got that lot for £50, you really did do well.

I just missed out on a Technics SL1700 for €30 as someone beat me to the phone:(!!! there sure is some stuff out there!

walpurgis
24-04-2015, 18:24
Urm.............

:scratch:

Would i be able to sell them?

Those are interesting. Well they're upside down and not Eagle speakers as far as I can recall. The bass drivers look like either Fane or Audax I think, can't tell what the upper or lower mids are. The small pair of cone tweeters look like Audax and is that a horn tweeter (hard to see), could be an Eagle branded Foster unit (HT16 maybe). I think I've got a brand new (old stock) pair of those somewhere.

As for selling, well somebody will want them as long as the price isn't silly. £40 to £60 maybe.

Show us some better pictures, the right way up.

dantheman91
24-04-2015, 18:31
Those are interesting. Well they're upside down and not Eagle speakers as far as I can recall. The bass drivers look like either Fane or Audax I think, can't tell what the upper or lower mids are. The small pair of cone tweeters look like Audax and is that a horn tweeter (hard to see), could be an Eagle branded Foster unit (HT16 maybe). I think I've got a brand new (old stock) pair of those somewhere.

As for selling, well somebody will want them as long as the price isn't silly. £40 to £60 maybe.

Show us some better pictures, the right way up.

Well they seem to work fine......Sound OK actually i have priced them at £45 the picture is the right way up....They are Solid built and VERY heavy. I have packed them away for another day. :) Slowly The walls a caving in with HI-FI and its not good i need to sell some bits. :D

Macca
24-04-2015, 21:21
Just noticed in that photo - you've got a lot of CDs there Dan.

dantheman91
25-04-2015, 09:48
Just noticed in that photo - you've got a lot of CDs there Dan.

:) Yep thats just a tiny bit.......i have more vinyl then anything.:)

Thanks

Belt arrived for the Turntable works fine and stable and both speeds. Missing a feet though a the rear :scratch:. Cassette deck needs a belt too the motor plays FF & RW sounds really strong too.