PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

sparcki
14-04-2015, 09:33
Hi everyone,
Happy to have found a audio forum. I live in Newcastle uk and have started to get back into Hi Fi. I decided to clear my loft and found lots of vinyl albums and old KEF speakers so set about looking for vintage hi fi to listen to my collection again.
I went to a local auction house and bought a Kenwood Trio 4090 receiver as i love FM radio, plugged the KEF IQ5 speakers in and i was hooked! Bought a Pioneer pl-12d turntable from on line auction site and i am well on my way.
Whilst at another local auction bought a Marantz Cd player and got talking to a local guy who modifies them new DAC etc.Gave him my CD player and waited a few days and was blown away. Don't know if i am allowed to post his you tube page on this site but he goes by, Jonas Dogue De Bordeaux.
Now looking to upgrade turntable and speakers as i am hooked, so any suggestions are welcome.
Hope to enjoy this forum , see you soon ,,Sparcki

trio leo
14-04-2015, 10:22
Hi Gary,
Welcome to the AoS from me, pleasing to hear someone has rediscovered an interest in music, hopefully your system will give you lots of pleasure as you try different items.

Enjoy your music. :)

cheers Al

walpurgis
14-04-2015, 10:35
Hello Gary. Welcome to AOS.

So you're getting back into Hi-Fi after a break. You can certainly do worse than using good vintage gear.

Your PL-12D may not be the ultimate turntable, but with a good headshell it's capable of handling some decent cartridges.

Tell us what music you play and why not start a thread in the 'Blank Canvas' area and describe your upgrade ideas. You're bound to get some opinions.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
14-04-2015, 19:33
Hello and welcome Gary.

Geoff. :wave:

Barry
16-04-2015, 11:49
Welcome to AoS Gary,

Hope you enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry