PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Interconnect Cables

topdogya
13-04-2015, 16:16
Hi Guys,
Can anyone out there help or give some advice on upgrading of interconnect cables, over many years now I have used and love the sound of Atlas cables.

I started with the Atlas Element Integra these were a big jump up from the freebees, and I really loved the sound. Over the years I have tried different makes of cables but keep coming back to Atlas Cables.

I now use Atlas Hyper Symmetrical, again I really love the sound they make and have been a big jump up the scales, I have the upgrade bug once again and I am looking at the Atlas Ascent Symmetrical Cables, have anyone used or herd these cables? What did you think of them?

Thanking you for any help you can give me on these cables.
Steve.

Haselsh1
13-04-2015, 16:36
Hello there Steve, I also use Atlas Hyper interconnect cables and love them to bits but I am now satisfied with what I have and have no plans to upgrade. I recently upgraded my preamp to a Croft Micro Basic for what a better set of cables would have cost and I know what I would rather put £400 towards. I know it is each to their own of course.

nbaptista
13-04-2015, 19:37
Hi Guys,
over many years now I have used and love the sound of Atlas cables.
Does a cable have sound?I think a cable need be neutral.

walpurgis
13-04-2015, 19:44
Does a cable have sound?I think a cable need be neutral.

Cables have no sound. They just affect the sound from the equipment. All cables are detrimental as they all have to have an effect. The ones regarded as 'better' are those with the least bad influence on the end result.

andybee33
13-04-2015, 20:48
As another user of Atlas cables (both interconnects and speaker cables) I agree that they are just 'right'. I use Hyper Symmetrical on one of my systems and Equator Biwire on the other and I think they are both smashing value. I've tried the Element and Equator interconnects (plan to upgrade these) and see no reason to deviate from the Atlas 'path'. I've never heard the Ascent stuff but I'll bet my hat that it's just even more of the same great recipe!

Good luck :)

bronzeage
14-04-2015, 08:34
I actually have heard the Ascent interconnect (and speaker cable, which I own). It has a similar sound signature to the Hyper, but with an added dash of 'realism', if that makes sense, and tighter, stronger bass. I wish I could have afforded it, the speaker cable was sold at a knock down price when I bought my speakers, but no such bargain was available for the interconnect.

CageyH
14-04-2015, 08:49
You guys shoukd really try an MC5000 cable of you have not already. I think you will be surprised.

Qwin
20-04-2015, 07:30
I was using Atlas Hyper 2.0 Speaker cables and Equator II IC's.

In my system I found the Van Damme LCOFC Hifi speaker cable to be much cleaner sounding and detailed.
I changed the IC's to Van Damme Silver Series Low Cappacitance Instrument cable and the same applied.

This combination had more detail and energy than the Atlas pairing which while having an even handed and pleasent presentation was made to sound dull and lifeless by the VD pair.

Like I pointed out, this was with my set up listed in my signature, YMMV.

I have posted on these cables here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37782-Van-Damme-Blue-v-Hifi-speaker-cable-reviewed

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?38103-Couple-of-low-cost-Interconnects