PDA

View Full Version : Diffraction be gone

jimdgoulding
25-01-2008, 04:55
I design and custom fit real wool (as in absent of synthetic substitutes) tweeter surrounds to absorb sound waveforms interacting with conventional box speaker baffles. The product of this is early reflection, secondary energy, diffraction . . detriments to absolute time and phase information and the recreation of what the microphone captured and your system is potentially capable of delivering. Instruments and vocals (and recreation of the venue when it is a part of the recording) will be more truthful, physical. real. Your in room stage will light up (as I like to say)! More information can be seen at my website along with some customer and industry comments (listen to a little interesting music while you are there). $54.45US a pair. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Since making this available in June of last year, I have fitted for various models of Spendor, Polk Audio, Opera, Von Schweikert, GR Research, Harbeth, Odyssey, Vienna Acoustics, Revel, PSB, JM Labs, Epos, Merlin, Acoustic Zen, Dynaudio, Mission, NHT, and a few others for listeners in the US, Singapore, India, Australia and, quite recently, to one of your very own, Rob (Filterlab). Rob's review can be seen in the The Artist's Palette section.

Conventional box speaker owners, you shouldn't be without this.

Jim Goulding
diffractionbegone.com

Filterlab
25-01-2008, 12:36
...and, quite recently, to one of your very own, Rob (Filterlab).

Yes indeed, and I wouldn't be without them! :)

jimdgoulding
04-02-2008, 18:57
A new white paper about the science taking place and the effectiveness of my product by a speaker designer and author can be seen at StereoMojo in the US (just came out). It contains some measurements of this and that and is pretty definitive on the subject. Ignore the photos, however, as what I supplied to him were actually throwaways. For photos, see Filterlab’s post about his experience in The Artist’s Palette:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Diffraction%20Be%20Gone%20Review/DIFFRACTIONBEGONEREVIEW.htm