PDA

View Full Version : 'The Endless River ; Conclusions

talisman2
12-04-2015, 19:40
well it has been out for quite a while , so has anybody got any final conclusions about the 'Floyd's swan song 'The Endless River' ?? i have listened to it lots of times (on CD) and still cannot make my mind up . it is impressive to show off ones system , but it seems to have been 'cobbled together' from out-takes and does not seem to follow any recognised pattern . i think Mr Gilmour could have gathered the remaining members along with guests to come up with a better final album under the 'Floyd' name

Covenant
12-04-2015, 19:54
I agree about the cobbled together comment. Some tracks are too short to be worthy of the name and it doesn't flow from one track to another. Still, it has its moments and in many ways its better than the Division Bell.

orbscure
12-04-2015, 19:55
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?33260-New-PF-album-The-endless-river&highlight=River ;)

Totemkid
21-04-2015, 19:38
I agree . It sounds like a load of cutting room floor bits cobbled together to make a final album. Not in the same league as The Division Bell.

RichB
21-04-2015, 22:04
I agree . It sounds like a load of cutting room floor bits cobbled together to make a final album. Not in the same league as The Division Bell.

To be fair that's really all they said it would be so it met my expectations. I'm still happy it was released.