PDA

View Full Version : The Delos has landed!!!!!!

allthingsanalogue
11-04-2015, 21:38
After buying a dynavector dv20x2 and couldn't get on with it so upgraded to a Lyra Delos.

Holy crap!!! What a sound, detailed, tight bass and reveals backing vocalists and instruments I've never hear before. Base lines just flow. The music is presented rather than projected with no fatigue.

WOW.

Marco
11-04-2015, 21:40
:worthless:

Get yer camera out!

;)

Marco.

allthingsanalogue
11-04-2015, 21:50
My room is very dark in the evening so I'll get the d90 out tomorrow.

Marco
11-04-2015, 21:59
No worries, Andrew. Look forward to seeing the pics... Glad you're enjoying your new toy! :)

Marco.

Tarzan
12-04-2015, 08:02
No worries, Andrew. Look forward to seeing the pics... Glad you're enjoying your new toy! :)

Marco.

x2- Thought about a Delos when upgrading my DL103- have fun.

hifi_dave
12-04-2015, 08:41
Lyra make wonderful cartridges.

wiicrackpot
12-04-2015, 09:12
After buying a dynavector dv20x2 and couldn't get on with it so upgraded to a Lyra Delos.

Holy crap!!! What a sound, detailed, tight bass and reveals backing vocalists and instruments I've never hear before. Base lines just flow. The music is presented rather than projected with no fatigue.

WOW.

Good aren't they, mine's is a Argo on a SME IV, wonderful combo.

cyclopse
12-04-2015, 09:21

WOW.

Yes I had one for a couple of years. If you like the Delos you should hear what the Titan I can do.

Regards

Cyclopse

Desmo
12-04-2015, 09:21
Good aren't they, mine's is a Argo on a SME IV, wonderful combo.
+1 great carts

I have a Lyra Lydian Beta on a Roksan Tabriz zi arm.

wiicrackpot
12-04-2015, 09:34
+1 great carts

I have a Lyra Lydian Beta on a Roksan Tabriz zi arm.
Well...seems there's more Lyra users on here than i thought, :) good to see on differing arms too,
interesting arm you have there Graeme, always like the Zi under slung pendulum CW approach. :cool:

sunshine
12-04-2015, 13:35
Hi,

Glad you're enjoying the Delos, hard to beat for the price. Had mine for about 15 months, they are fast and incisive. Goes well with your Naim equipments.

Floyddroid
14-04-2015, 08:04
Agreed. One of the best cartridges i ever owned for all the reasons you stated. You have to be very careful with that cantilever though especially when mounting. I broke mine and couldn't wait the months that it was going to take to get a new one. Enjoy.

WOW.

trio leo
14-04-2015, 10:34
I'm quite impressed with my Delos, very quiet background noise and an articulate response to music, I've had it about 30 hours, but I've been told they wake up after 70/80 hours, so more to look forward to, exciting.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Tarzan
14-04-2015, 10:53
I'm quite impressed with my Delos, very quiet background noise and an articulate response to music, I've had it about 30 hours, but I've been told they wake up after 70/80 hours, so more to look forward to, exciting.

cheers Al

Would be interested to hear how you get on with after running in Al.:cool:

wiicrackpot
14-04-2015, 11:48

cheers Al
You are in for treat Al, tracked at 1.8g and arm level, SME IV to do this was a scoot to dial in and up an running in 15mins flat,
the first time i drop my Argo in a groove, the first thing that struck me was the resolving power of this thing,
not in a ultra clinical way which i have experienced with a Ortofon MC5000 but in a clean/clear manner and pinpoint placement of voice/instruments within the soundstage, lovely mids and again clean tight/pacey bass, not bloated but just a nice natural/balanced manner,
it was all there not in a matter of fact way,i was truly shocked and disbelieving i was hearing the traits it had,
top to bottom just had real consistency about it,all these points came to me naturally and i am not a discerning listener who looks for effects,
not a reviewer by any means but just someone who likes good sounds, be glad to hear your thoughts.

allthingsanalogue
14-04-2015, 12:52
Finally done some pics.

I honestly cant believe how good the cartridge is. Albums that I'd given up hope on even have a new lease of life.

Luckily my friendly dealer fitted mine and took the Dv20X2L back for a full refund. Now that's service.

It's certainly a low rider though.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/ibiza23/AOS/DSC_0473%20-%20Copy_zpspas5flz4.jpg

Sondekker
15-04-2015, 14:57
Well just to add to the above list of partnering arms, my Delos is fitted to an Origin Live Illustrious Mk2 tacking at around 1.75g

In keeping with the general comments earlier I too have been very pleased with its performance and tracking ability. I have one LP which contains a possible slight pressing defect on the last track of one side and the Delos is the only cartridge I've owned that has not slightly mis-tracked when playing this album.

Nice.

allthingsanalogue
19-04-2015, 19:57
I've actually found that I prefer the loading on 47k although recommendations are around 1k. I think it adds a little sparkle to the top end.

And yes it's a superb tracking cart, bringing new life to old worn out LP's.

cyclopse
19-04-2015, 21:06
Finally done some pics.

I honestly cant believe how good the cartridge is. Albums that I'd given up hope on even have a new lease of life.

Luckily my friendly dealer fitted mine and took the Dv20X2L back for a full refund. Now that's service.

It's certainly a low rider though.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/ibiza23/AOS/DSC_0475%20-%20Copy_zpstjvi5v29.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/ibiza23/AOS/DSC_0473%20-%20Copy_zpspas5flz4.jpg

Mine rides lower. I have half a mm clearance.

anubisgrau
20-04-2015, 09:39
you really need to have good eyes to get the VTA right.

hifi_dave
20-04-2015, 09:39
Mine rides lower. I have half a mm clearance.

Is it an older Delos ? and have you checked the tracking weight ?

Older Delos ride very low but later ones are a touch higher. It's a toss up between sound and usability. Lower sounds a tad better but can be problemmatical with warped and dusty records.

cyclopse
21-04-2015, 16:32
Is it an older Delos ? and have you checked the tracking weight ?

Older Delos ride very low but later ones are a touch higher. It's a toss up between sound and usability. Lower sounds a tad better but can be problemmatical with warped and dusty records.

No it's my Titan I. I know tracking weight is spot on. Your right about dust on the paper underbody.:steam:

Regards

Cyclopse

Sondekker
21-04-2015, 21:09
I've actually found that I prefer the loading on 47k although recommendations are around 1k. I think it adds a little sparkle to the top end.

I'm curious to know where the recommendations that the Delos performs best with a loading of around 1k can be found? I'm using mine through a 1:16 SUT into a 47k MM input on my Croft 25R which will only provide a load of around 180ohm (if my maths is correct). I'm therefore miles away from 1k recommendation........?

cyclopse
21-04-2015, 21:18

I'm curious to know where the recommendations that the Delos performs best with a loading of around 1k can be found? I'm using mine through a 1:16 SUT into a 47k MM input on my Croft 25R which will only provide a load of around 180ohm (if my maths is correct). I'm therefore miles away from 1k recommendation........?

I also found if the loading was any higher than 100 ohms the bass would disappear.

stevied
28-04-2015, 14:56

WOW.

How are you finding the Delos!

allthingsanalogue
29-04-2015, 19:41
How are you finding the Delos!

Superb. Now it's run in a lot more it sounds best to me on 1000ohms.

Best cart I've ever owned.