PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite "quirky" track

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 21:22
OK, sorry guys, I'm bored tonight, Mrs Alex has gone out with her best friend (who just got dumped...) so I'm on my own with a pizza, a nice bottle of red, some good tunes and you lot for company... Bliss! ;)

Anyway, the purpose of this thread... What are your favourite "quirky" tracks - if you don't know what I mean, I am talking about strange tracks that somehow make it onto an album, but that you find endearing anyway?
They are usually very short - filler?

Couple of examples, from two of my favourite "girls" -

Sam Brown - Tea (from the Stop album - she get's very wound up when people ask her to do this at concerts...)
kymGYuMa_k0
I think it is a remarkable demonstration of her vocal range...

Then, we have Tori Amos with "Hello Mr Zebra" - just over a minutes worth of madness from "Boys for Pele"

unXE3p8NqO4

Amazing lyrics - haven't got a scooby what they mean of course, but that's Tori for you!

Another one I won't link to - "The Knife - Hangin' Out" which is the last track from Deep Cuts ('tis on You Tube, if you can bear it) - just weird!

The final one I can think of is "F*** A dog" (yes, really) the finale to the Blink 182 album, "Take of your Pants and Jacket" (again, You Tube if you really want, but it is rude...) I used to use this as a "mood lightener" at work, when working on particularly nasty projects when pulling 24hour shifts etc. - always produced a smile (but maybe its an IT thing! ;)

So, what's your best example of a "quirky" track?

DanJennings
04-09-2009, 21:28
green day - all by myself...
barenaked ladies - little tiny song
beatles - her majesty

Joe
04-09-2009, 21:49
'After Hours' and 'I'm Sticking With You' by the Velvet Underground, featuring the quirky vocals of Mo Tucker.

'Boogie Shoes' by Alex Chilton

'My Wife', John Entwistle's track on 'Who's Next'

Beechwoods
04-09-2009, 21:54
Old Lady Drivers - Die In Your Beauty Sleep

Extremely odd grindcore with an Operatic middle-eight! Not on YouTube unfortunately!

Insane Clown Posse - F--- The World
... you've gotta laugh at the lyrics... somewhat OTT, but knowing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYF8NhEDn0

Golf Girl - Caravan

lST4QCeQsCc

G-Form - Jenny From The Block

Ignore the video... here's a George Formby style cover of Jeniffer Lopez's 'From The Block'. Just love this :)

F5ObdwmL6T0

And this is my 2nd favourite version of 'Eye Of The Tiger'. Guaranteed to raise a smile when they hit the chorus...

1qhqdmWxPz0

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 22:11
green day - all by myself...
barenaked ladies - little tiny song
beatles - her majesty

Good work Dan - knew I could rely on you!

can't believe I forgot all by myself...
little tiny song is new to me, but fits the criteria perfectly!
her maj - yep, but not "best of breed" imho...

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 22:19
'After Hours' by the Velvet Underground

Love the Rilo Kiley version of this track...

'I'm Sticking With You' by the Velvet Underground

Abso-fuckin-lutely classic quirky!

'Boogie Shoes' by Alex Chilton

Don't know this track, off to Google...

'My Wife', John Entwistle's track on 'Who's Next'

hmmm... doesn't strike me as quirky enough, but I don't know the lyric - I'll dig it out and give it a spin!

John
04-09-2009, 22:27
I think most of my collection might be quirky in some way but here are two of my favs
Nick Cave The Curse Of Milhaven
0JzqRIdZ8Rk
Frank Zappa so many choices but this is a great live video Stinkfoot
kf8TM4CIk5g

The Grand Wazoo
04-09-2009, 22:28
Pink Floyd - 'Seamus'
From 'Meddle'
MARY-HmIweI

Black Sabbath - Blow on a Jug
From 'Sabotage'
OOuMQutcTR0

Bad Company - The Happy Wanderer
From 'Burning Sky'
Can't find the Bad Co. version, so this will have to do
LZrDROFCFSw

Barry
04-09-2009, 22:37
OK, sorry guys, I'm bored tonight, Mrs Alex has gone out with her best friend (who just got dumped...) so I'm on my own with a pizza, a nice bottle of red, some good tunes and you lot for company... Bliss! ;)

So, what's your best example of a "quirky" track?

Alex,

I’m not sure if we should be flattered or saddened by that. Anyway for what its worth, I’ll nominate:

The Rednex, ‘Cotton Eye Joe’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdlHmzIdn8

as well as

Cream, ‘Mother’s Lament’, lyrics as follows:

Are we rolling?
A one, a two, a three, a four...

A mother was washing her baby one night;
The youngest of ten and a delicate mite.
The mother was poor and the baby was thin;
'Twas naught but a skeleton covered with skin.
The mother turned 'round for a soap off the rack.
She was only a moment but when she turned back
Her baby had gone, and in anguish she cried,
"Oh, where has my baby gone?"
The angels replied:
Oh, your baby has gone down the plug hole.
Oh, your baby has gone down the plug.
The poor little thing was so skinny and thin,
He should have been washed in a jug, in a jug.
Your baby is perfectly happy;
He won't need a bath anymore.
He's a-muckin' about with the angels above,
Not lost but gone before.

Do you want to do it again?

By the way Beechy – what’s with the coy censoring of the title of the track by Insane Clown Posse?

Regards

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 22:37
Old Lady Drivers - Die In Your Beauty Sleep

Extremely odd grindcore with an Operatic middle-eight! Not on YouTube unfortunately!

Have to take your word for it then Nick!

Insane Clown Posse - F--- The World
... you've gotta laugh at the lyrics... somewhat OTT, but knowing :)

Have you been working hard lately Nick, under a bit of stress? ;)

Golf Girl - Caravan

That's more like it!

G-Form - Jenny From The Block

Ignore the video... here's a George Formby style cover of Jeniffer Lopez's 'From The Block'. Just love this :)

And this is my 2nd favourite version of 'Eye Of The Tiger'. Guaranteed to raise a smile when they hit the chorus...

Loving these - totally new to me, though.

Beechwoods
04-09-2009, 22:40
Have you been working hard lately Nick, under a bit of stress? ;)

Hmm... yes... now you come to mention it maybe it is a little less quirky and bit more... jaded... perhaps :lolsign:

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 22:50
John - Chris - great stuff - gonna have to find the Bad Company version of Happy Wanderer though before I can allow it into the hall of shame!

Barry - flattery was intended, however I think all of us may be a little bit "sad" in some eyes!

Cotton Eyed Joe - would never have thought of it in a gazillion years but yep, platinum plated quirky!

OMG - Mothers lament - my dad's friend used to sing that years ago, the only bit I can remember is (amended to how I remember it)

My baby has gone down the plug hole.
My baby has gone down the plug.
The poor little fing was so skinny and fin,
He should have been washed in a jug, in a jug.

I now sing this version to my little girl in the bath - I just assumed it was a traditional song, no idea it was from "popular culture" - I just have to find this now!

What a lot of fun!

Mike
04-09-2009, 22:54
Dunno if this qualifies?

P1mF2PFnQQI

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 22:58
Dunno if this qualifies?

A "shouty bloke almost swallowing a microphone" is quirky enough in my book! ;)

Mike
04-09-2009, 23:07
Here's a 'better' version... the geezer with the violin looks as mad as a box 'o frogs! :lol:

4xX_WVJDX4M

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 23:14
I'm also adding "Emerson Lake & Palmer - Nutrocker"

N9iZuXpPRUw

- rearrange this well known phrase or saying - "tits, off, our"

Actually, there's probably a lot of ELP that would qualify - "Hoedown" for instance -I don't know all their stuff well enough to add any more.

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 23:17
... the geezer with the violin looks as mad as a box 'o frogs! :lol:

I'm scared mummy, make him stop!

Barry
04-09-2009, 23:38
I'm also adding "Emerson Lake & Palmer - Nutrocker"

N9iZuXpPRUw

- rearrange this well known phrase or saying - "tits, off, our"

Actually, there's probably a lot of ELP that would qualify - "Hoedown" for instance -I don't know all their stuff well enough to add any more.

Riotous furioso outfits? (in reference to some of Emerson's costumes)

Nah ! A pale imitation of the original by 'B. Bumble and The Stingers'.

Yep! 'Hoedown' is pretty bad, as well as being a travesty of the Copland original.

The Grand Wazoo
04-09-2009, 23:46
I was going to go for 'Are You Ready Eddie' and 'Ham or Cheese' by ELP
(Both from Tarkus)

Please excuse the tosser who kindly provided us with the vidclip
bBAikfuE-rE

The Grand Wazoo
04-09-2009, 23:58
John,
Frank Zappa isn't allowed because almost everything he did was quirky in some way.
But seeing as you have already mentioned him:
'Baby Snakes' - check out the percussion

9Ntn8yfOmIA

............and there's this one.........

First released on Zappa in New York - 1976.............maybe one of the first recordings of rapping??

lwb1s1DYnDU

Also home of the phrase 'Blow it out your ass motorcycle-man' - Thus spake the devil

DanJennings
05-09-2009, 06:19
well it started off as tiny little album curio, but if we're having zappa and the like, surely They Might Be Giants and Ween deserve a mention.
or AC/DC's 'Big Balls'

Oh, and I was about to mention this in another thread, and I probably still will in more detail, but I saw a swedish singer yesterday at Moseley Folk Festival that definitely fit the bill: Frida Hyvonen, if anyone's heard of her. Some of her songs were a bit mad to say the least.

John
05-09-2009, 07:14
Here's a 'better' version... the geezer with the violin looks as mad as a box 'o frogs! :lol:

4xX_WVJDX4M

Ahh that would be Warren Ellis check out his stuff with the Dirty Three just awesome but he is a bit bonkers

John
05-09-2009, 07:17
also check out Nick Cave Wing of flies (dark and quirky)

John
05-09-2009, 08:25
I just thinking about fav quirky artists
Kate Bush
Nick Cave
Zappa
Bjork
Tori Amos
Captain Beefheart
All of them are orginals create good music that is interesting and sometimes quirky We need more quirky artists!

Alex_UK
05-09-2009, 10:31
Another one I remembered - Tracy Bonham - Brain Crack - can't find online but is on Spotify (the whole album is rather quirky, but this track wins in particular, being about a minute and just weird!)

snapper
05-09-2009, 12:41
The track that I'm playing now,in glorious mono.

Pink Floyd - Bike

Joe
05-09-2009, 12:47
I guess Syd was fundamentally quirky. Shame he slipped over the line to insanity.

Joe
05-09-2009, 12:53
[Boogie Shoes]

Don't know this track, off to Google...

"Like Flies On Sherbert" is one of the weirdest records in my entire collection. If you think Big Star's "Third/Sister Lovers" sounds fucked up then wait 'til you hear the former BS mainman Alex Chilton's 1980 solo 'masterpiece' of drugged up, sloppy rock 'n' roll covers and bizarre original songs.After spending a few years in the wilderness following the break up of Big Star, Chilton staggered into the studio with a band seemingly as wasted as him and knocked out this set which, in it's chaotic 35 minutes veers from happily stoned ("Waltz Across Texas") to wired and psychotic, with Chilton screaming his lungs out over stabbing piano chords (the title track).Elsewhere we get such treats as "My Rival" (the best song on offer) and "Boogie Shoes" in which Alex's lazy vocal deliveries are juxtaposed against guitars so bleedin' LOUD and chunky that they wouldn't go amiss on a death metal record (I kid you not!).The nearest thing to a sane, balanced song on the album is the catchy stomper "Hey! Little Child" which features some pretty melodic guitar lines that bring back vague glimmers of early Big Star (not for long though as the song descends into near chaos with discordant piano stabs and wiry guitar solos)."Hook Or Crook", another Chilton original, is also pretty cool while "Alligator Man" is probably the best of the covers.Anyway, before my review gets as scrambled and incoherent as the album itself I'll wrap it up- basically if you're into shambolic garage rock or albums that sound a little bit wasted, bleary and dangerous then you'll love this. (Julian Cope)

snapper
05-09-2009, 13:03
I guess Syd was fundamentally quirky. Shame he slipped over the line to insanity.

He certainly was quirky and yes,it was a shame.

I still play 'The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn' on a regular basis and have done since about '72 or '73.

If anyone has an original Mono copy they're willing to sell,please let me know.

Haselsh1
05-09-2009, 13:08
I absolutely love the early, rather quirky Floyd with Barret at the helm. My nomination for most ridiculous/quirky track though would be Bowie's 'The Laughing Gnome' from some album on the Deram label.

John
05-09-2009, 13:09
Funkadelic had a quirky side
4DZHccUGdY4&feature

Joe
05-09-2009, 13:13
Then there's Lou Reed's 'I Wanna Be Black', which is offensive and amusing in about equal parts, and much of Arthur Lee's output: 'Oh the snot has caked against my pants/It has turned into crystal' has to be amongst the quirkiest opening lines in musical history. And who could forget Vivian Stanshall?

DanJennings
05-09-2009, 13:49
I absolutely love the early, rather quirky Floyd with Barret at the helm. My nomination for most ridiculous/quirky track though would be Bowie's 'The Laughing Gnome' from some album on the Deram label.

oh god, cheers mate, now I'm going to have to force myself to forget that song all over again!

Haselsh1
05-09-2009, 14:32
oh god, cheers mate, now I'm going to have to force myself to forget that song all over again!

The pleasures all mine... LOL...!!!

Alex_UK
05-09-2009, 16:30
Question - what's the difference between "novelty" and "quirky" - i.e. "my-ding-a-ling" by Chuck Berry - Novelty record I guess, but in the context of the rest of his stuff - quirky, maybe?

Joe
05-09-2009, 17:14
Question - what's the difference between "novelty" and "quirky" - i.e. "my-ding-a-ling" by Chuck Berry - Novelty record I guess, but in the context of the rest of his stuff - quirky, maybe?

I think 'shite' is the word you're groping for here.

REM
05-09-2009, 17:30
What was the song about the bloke in the Cadburys factory who fell in the vat of chocolate????

Oh yes

BILLY DONT BE AN AERO....

:lolsign:

Showing me age now;)

Puffin
05-09-2009, 18:32
The Right Stuff - NKOTB
Waiting for a star to Fall - Boy Meets Girl
Immortality - Celine Dion and The Bee Gees

Stratmangler
05-09-2009, 18:50
I nearly wet myself when I heard this for the first time.

Puc0ZiVRESU

This I believe went down very well with Bob Plant and Jimmy Page.

IPOIy4Kb9M4

Then there's always this...

7eHfl0q_wug&feature=related

Chris:)

shane
05-09-2009, 22:06
Had this on a 78 when I was very young and impressionable. Now they've pinched it for a bloody advert.

KfFBdViZHzk&feature

The Grand Wazoo
07-09-2009, 19:34
'Don't Bogart That Joint' - Little Feat.

But to hear it you have to sit through 'Willin'' - maybe the best thing they did - (even though this is a crap version!!)

k3tS7ihFiyg

Beechwoods
08-09-2009, 06:45
Willin' is probably one of the best songs ever period. Though I personally prefer Linda Ronstadt or The Byrds' versions. Wasn't it The Fraternity Of Man who did 'Don't Bogart Me' first - as featured on the Easy Rider soundtrack? I've got to agree it's a great song!

The Grand Wazoo
08-09-2009, 06:52
Yup, it was written by Elliot Ingber in the Fraternity of Man - I just like the Little Feat version - it's on 'The Last Record Album' & 'Waiting for Columbus'.

By the way, Elliot Ingber apart from being in Little Feat for a bit was a founding member of the Mothers of Invention (and of course, Lowell George was also a member too)!

He was also 'Winged Eel Fingerling' in Beefheart's Magic Band

Joe
08-09-2009, 12:49
'Don't Bogart That Joint' - Little Feat.

But to hear it you have to sit through 'Willin'' - maybe the best thing they did

Agreed, though 'Roll Um Easy' comes a close second.

snapper
08-09-2009, 15:28
Wasn't it The Fraternity Of Man who did 'Don't Bogart Me' first - as featured on the Easy Rider soundtrack?

Yes.Just noticed on the cover of my Easy Rider CD,track 10 is Ballard Of Easy Rider.

:confused:

The sleevenotes must have been written by an Engerlishman.

:lolsign:

Jason P
11-09-2009, 11:07
So I've some quirky stuff in my collection...

The Tiger Lillies are a source of raised eyebrows from friends who've never heard them, but if you can get beyond the *ahem* unusual stage presentation, not to mention voice, there are some genuinely beautiful songes there...

XFZcO_YhxFY

4tPGbHI2GtE

I'm a big Sparks fan too, and their last three albums have fallen in to 'quirky' territory too - if you've Spotify, check out tracks like 'Your Call Is Important To Us, Please Hold' and 'Let The Monkey Drive'.

I agree that the quirky/novelty line is a fine one. This was always written off as a novelty record, but I think people that did just didn't get the intrusion of avante-garde music in to the mainstream - a bit like Vivienne Westwood clothes in a department store...

vzYu88jIDYs

Jason

Alex_UK
11-09-2009, 13:12
Jason - I can't find 'Your Call Is Important To Us, Please Hold' but 'Let The Monkey Drive' is awesome - gonna chheck out the rest of that on Spotify!

John
11-09-2009, 14:31
Great choice Jason been awhile since I last saw the Tiger Lillies good quirky band

Jason P
11-09-2009, 15:14
Glad you like it Alex, Exotic Creatures of the Deep is a fantastic album.

Sparks really took a new direction with Lil' Beethoven, the album with 'Please Hold' in it. Lots of people baulked against the seemingly repetitive nature of the music, but the overwhelming critical reaction was that it's a work of genius, re-inventing the pop genre. Opening track The Rhythm Theif gives you an idea of the album's direction:

etUIJwhaE1Q

but there's still the usual caustic wit in there. One of my faves, excuse the bad sync:

P33nui4b8RI

2006's 'Hello Young Lovers' continued in this vein, although the only single 'Dick Around' was inexplicably banned by the beeb. The album is on Spotify, as is 'Exotic Creatures...', from which my faves are 'Good Morning', a song about crushed hope and high-class callgirls, 'This is the Renaissance', with the wonderful line 'Contrapuntal music is the music that you're parents feared' and possibly the best anti-love song of all time, 'I Can't Believe That You Would Fall For All The Crap In This Song'

Hope that whets your appetite!

Jason

Alex_UK
11-09-2009, 21:54
Cheers Jason - in this case, Spotify is my friend - all of that (I think) is on there so added to my "AoS Recommended" playlist. Spotify really is a thing of wonder (*mostly - as long as you don't want any Beatles. Or Led Zep. etc...)

dgdgdgdgdg
14-09-2009, 21:10
Any Takers for :-

The Flaming Lips - "She Dont Use Jelly"

Alex_UK
14-09-2009, 22:19
I'd be happy with that in my "Quirky Compilation" - actually I'd include most of what I've heard of the 'Lips !

Beechwoods
14-09-2009, 22:23
I'm loving this one at the moment...

oACJ3VOHmhY

brainz2000
17-09-2009, 23:07
Gotta nominate this for just being different and also a tour de force when it comes to production quality

Thomas Dolby - Aliens Ate my Buick

Often used for dems due to its expansiveness and great production, but the album must qualify as quirky ....

Also - as individual tracks go - Would you by Touch and Go has to qualify as quirky, part of the mix CD staple when bluntness is required about your intensions ....

Oh and then the king of wierd - Zappa (actually I just can't get along with him ... maybe just too wierd ...)

Also quirky - Loudon Wainright the Third - or is that humour ... anyway my pick here is "A Live One" - very different and very hilarious ...

Enough selections for now - think I've proven I've diverted from the straight and narrow enough ...

Enjoy

tim

Cotlake
18-09-2009, 21:39
Check out anything by 'Stackridge'. Do the searches......it's all quirky per se.

Regards,

Greg

The Grand Wazoo
19-09-2009, 00:03
Stackridge................I've not heard that name in a little while!

Did I mention Cream - 'Pressed Rat & Warthog' ??

Skip this clip on to 2 minutes & 34 seconds

xcdKo4OjF7w

............and I really wish I could find a version of Zappa's 'Baby Take Your Teeth Out' for you to hear

chris@panteg
19-09-2009, 09:11
Aliens ate my Buick for me also and Giles ' Giles ' Fripp which always brings a smile to my face.

REM
19-09-2009, 17:04
Slug Dub by The Orb, well anything by The Orb really...

DanJennings
19-09-2009, 17:33
far out, by blur, great song, and more than a little quirky.
HIY1X_UcBWo

Stratmangler
19-09-2009, 17:58
This is one I recall from Whistle Test - seriously strange stuff.

cTpUVAcvWfU

Chris:)

The Grand Wazoo
20-09-2009, 10:55
Another 'Fish Head'

This one from Adrian Belew...............

4ehXhjmayPA

- "He walked around a lot
......and took long naps!"

Also from Adrian Belew

'Big Electric Cat'

gFvS1RcK7o8

aquapiranha
20-09-2009, 12:32
A little OT, but there is some music on the site - I love watching the wierd and wonderful clips here - just click the screen to channel hop!!

http://www.neave.com/television/

John
20-09-2009, 13:23
Buckethead Ghosts and the ballad of Buckethead:ner:
8akmP6Sjv2o
KwnUa3lfe08&feature

Beechwoods
20-09-2009, 17:38
Is this quirky, or just plain odd?

YyIYGES_U08

Whatever it is it's bleedin' fantastic!

John
20-09-2009, 18:17
A few from Screamin Jay
ZvNO0BfBecc
7kGPhpvqtOc

twelvebears
02-10-2009, 06:10
New one, possibly not that 'querky'

Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man

jimdgoulding
02-10-2009, 08:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgQBdxA47lE&feature=fvm

Turn it up so you can hear the players behind the curtain. I have her Miss America CD.

Alex_UK
02-10-2009, 09:40
Jim, are you sure you haven't confused "quirky" with "strangled cat?" ;)

Certainly, um, different! To be fair, it gets better as it goes on, or is it just my ears getting used to it?!

Thanks though, I think!

DanJennings
02-10-2009, 10:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgQBdxA47lE&feature=fvm

Turn it up so you can hear the players behind the curtain. I have her Miss America CD.

I KNEW her name rang a bell, she was meant to have a record produced by Andy Partridge of XTC, but she sacked him for being an athiest

Edit: I've just checked and that album was in fact miss america.

Not sure she's quite my cup of tea, but maybe I need to hear more.... I think strangled cat is a bit harsh though Alex! :lol:

Alex_UK
23-12-2011, 10:12
I was going to nominate this thread for The Grand Wazoo's grave digging, but as I started it in the first place, that would probably be a little self-indulgent - so I'll just resurrect it myself!

Here's a quirky one from Lykke Li - This Trumpet In My Head (2008, from the album Youth Novels.)

pNvhj2wvQi4

Would be nice to see if some of the guys that have joined us in the last couple of years have a few mad tracks to add? :)

Canetoad
23-12-2011, 11:09
Sit on My Face Stevie Nicks by the Rotters. :lol:

shane
24-12-2011, 12:30
I think I may have posted this before but I love it, despite not being gay. Neither is Cosmo, come to that. He just likes exploring other points of view. Filmed in one take in our local village hall, and subsequently banned by Radio 1!

dysG12QCdTA

Alex_UK
24-12-2011, 14:25
2 hours of weirdness - all the suggestions here where possible compiled into a Spotify playlist. :) http://open.spotify.com/user/alex_steel1969/playlist/0uOsx7SZsUwRJrF9PxAgFv

Jonboy
25-12-2011, 11:48
How about like this one

JX7GCLRCtS8

aquapiranha
25-12-2011, 17:17
NSFW!!

ljPFZrRD3J8

And..

OFdK_TBrBGs

Turn on the subtitles for this one..

BNFfDirBE6w

farook
08-02-2012, 10:17
LAZING ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!
i always loved it,makes me smile every time!
oh,and of course "look at me im wonderfull" by the bonzos of the keynsham album,makes me crack up!!:lol:

The Black Adder
13-02-2012, 21:34
Want weird?.. Quirky and weird... This was the B side of 'O' Superman and I love it.

e9k61dfq-oc

Roy S
13-02-2012, 21:45
E88wyu6ywt4

Dominic Harper
13-02-2012, 22:01
As anyone ever heard Mark Almond There is bed and mother fist and five daughter. They are both quirky but a little naughty lolololol.

Natalie;)

jostber
14-02-2012, 09:46
Captain Beefheart was the epitome of quirky. And he made great music as well:

yoGEeHtLDNw&feature=related

7zc0QkQWl4w&feature=related

pjdowns
11-08-2013, 19:04
For me it's got to be Lemon Jelly 'Nice Weather For Ducks' from the album Lost Horizons. Great track, extremely quirky but makes me smile every time...

Gordon Steadman
11-08-2013, 20:39
'When its Thursday night in Egypt, its half past two in Spain, When we say ah phoo, its the same to you and we'll all make love again'. No idea who it was by.

If anyone happens to have a copy of the 78, I'd love to borrow it. I've lost my copy:lol:

Roy S
11-08-2013, 20:42
WnduPDMH24U

synsei
12-08-2013, 04:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hchOYs_d_Bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE&list=PL08F21D0CB50217D0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKuxVNBC34

Alex_UK
15-08-2013, 19:32
Quality Dave - Frontier Psychiatrist is an all-time fave (as is the whole album) but I've never seen (or thought to look for!) the video until now! Weird! :)

Audio Al
15-08-2013, 19:50
This one any good

?v=eyVDUVJvDlM

seoirse2002
15-08-2013, 23:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBEOoQbA7BY

Clothears
16-08-2013, 18:07
"Ribs and Balls" - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band springs to mind.

or even Richard Thompson's "Pyscho Street"

mr sneff
16-11-2013, 14:26
Here Come The Fleas by White Noise, more tape splices than any other recording!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0F2i4J0a4&list=PL29ACA95B80B8A1EF

MikeMusic
16-11-2013, 15:25
RHlfuv422Bw