PDA

View Full Version : It's my ?0 Bithday !

Rush2112
09-04-2015, 16:15
What better way to spend a day off and the house to myself than spin a few LP's and as one of my presents was a box set of CD's of Rush (discs I never bought at the time) I thought it would be worth digging out all the vinyl ones starting with Rush, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, 2112 and All The Worlds A Stage this morning and Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and finally Exit Stage Left. At that point what follows was at the time dissapointng, Signals and Grace Under Pressure for me this just wasn't the Rush I wanted ! So then the box set fills the gap although I did have Vapour Trails and Snakes And Arrows and brings us up to date and Clockwork Angels. This puts Rush in third place after the Beatles and Rolling Stones for the most consecutive Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum albums. So for those who know some of Rush have a delve into the other albums and if you have never really heard anything then give 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Puctures a listen or just check out Live In Rio for a cross section of their career. Many will acknowledge thier musicianship and although Neil Peart may be the more honoured for his druming prowess Geddy Lee is one of the great rock bass players and Alex Lifeson is seriously underrated, his guitar playing is up there with the very best!

RichB
09-04-2015, 16:22
What better way to spend a day off and the house to myself than spin a few LP's and as one of my presents was a box set of CD's of Rush (discs I never bought at the time) I thought it would be worth digging out all the vinyl ones starting with Rush, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, 2112 and All The Worlds A Stage this morning and Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and finally Exit Stage Left. At that point what follows was at the time dissapointng, Signals and Grace Under Pressure for me this just wasn't the Rush I wanted ! So then the box set fills the gap although I did have Vapour Trails and Snakes And Arrows and brings us up to date and Clockwork Angels. This puts Rush in third place after the Beatles and Rolling Stones for the most consecutive Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum albums. So for those who know some of Rush have a delve into the other albums and if you have never really heard anything then give 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Puctures a listen or just check out Live In Rio for a cross section of their career. Many will acknowledge thier musicianship and although Neil Peart may be the more honoured for his druming prowess Geddy Lee is one of the great rock bass players and Alex Lifeson is seriously underrated, his guitar playing is up there with the very best!

Hell yeah, I can listen to Geddy's bass chops all day... A show of hands is my other favourite live album (my first is the who - live at Leeds). 2 outstanding performances from 2 of the best bass players ever.

In fact I've been known to listen to both back to back, I'm a bass player btw.. You should try them back to back and then we can have Entwistle/Lee debate lol:eyebrows: