PDA

View Full Version : Excellent condition Dual 1019 TT

Idlewithnodrive
08-04-2015, 15:58
The time has finally come to move on my Dual 1019 TT.

It is in excellent condition, runs silently and works 100%.

A lovely sounding little thing with all of the drive and rock solid bass associated with idlers, together with the added convenience of auto everything.

I think it looks really nice too :)

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac143/TheMJMan/a91b2564-6858-4795-a878-063259f1b921_zpseee966d4.jpg

I have fitted some nice chrome feet and a heavier, 18 mm MDF baseboard (nice tight press fit) but will include the original, for eh, originalitys sake.

Comes complete with the original and more modern cartridge carriers, a cork mat and is fitted with a fairly low hours (<100 hours) Ortofon VMS30 MkII cart, which has great synergy with the deck.

Ideally, pick up from Luton or Reading area, as it's in lovely condition and I'd hate to see it damaged.

I'm not after top buck at all but I've seen the carts go for anywhere between £ 50 and £ 80 and the new carriers are over £ 40, so at my price of £ 130 all in, a bit of a bargain.

Gordon Steadman
08-04-2015, 16:26
This is a great deck - there is no way I would ever sell mine:)

There are still things it does better than my 'audiophile' TT and I switch it on quite often - usually when I'm listening to drum kits being hammered (it does subtle too though)

Good luck with the sale, your price seems very fair. One of these in lesser condition just went for a bit more than that over here, I was almost tempted to double my Dual collection, after all, one has to have two - doesn't one?

struth
08-04-2015, 17:45
will you post it?

Idlewithnodrive
08-04-2015, 18:07
If you're willing to take the risk Grant, then I'll go halves on the cost with you.

I'll package it as bomb proof as I am able and send it UPS but, you know our wonderful couriers ............................

struth
08-04-2015, 18:37
In that case I will have it Mike. Ups are usually good....and I promised myself a dual b4 popping my clogs

twotone
08-04-2015, 18:45
In that case I will have it Mike. Ups are usually good....and I promised myself a dual b4 popping my clogs

Nice looking deck that Grant, well done:cool:

walpurgis
08-04-2015, 18:51
You'll enjoy that Grant. :)

struth
08-04-2015, 19:31
Indeedy... Wanted to have one for a while but finding one in decent condition is difficult. should go with the thorens nicely age wise... I can die now.:lol: oh wait still go my cart to try; will need to live a bit yet;)

DSJR
08-04-2015, 19:41
A good way to consider packing. Remove the platter, counterweight and cartridge carrier if at all possible. The deck plate can then be safely locked down to the plinth.

These Duals are very solid, but I've heard tales of Garrard 'SB' models (with much heavier platters than they used before) literally 'hammering' the main spindle down into the cast mounting in transit, the platters then sitting too low to rotate. I'm sure the Duals are pretty immune to this, but I thought I'd mention it. If the platter is to stay in place, some card spacers equidistant all round will help.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning it. I'd have loved this deck for the collection, but funds are tight again and instead of the Dual, I have road tax instead at the end of the month :(

montesquieu
08-04-2015, 21:24
Bugger missed this. I live near Reading as well ...!

Idlewithnodrive
08-04-2015, 21:29
Would have been novel for you to buy something from me for a change Tom :)

montesquieu
17-04-2015, 09:12
Picked this up from Mike when he was here working locally yesterday - he offered it to me after posting to Grant proved problematic.

Huge amount of fun it is, I'm genuinely surprised at how nice it sounds and the Ortofon VMS30 MkII is a wonderful cartridge. I have it all playing through a Quad 33/303 combo into some ancient JPWs and it's fantastically musical in my 3.5m square study. Synergy indeed.

The arm sits high at the back and I don't see any obvious adjustment mechanism - I've got the arm level through using some spacer weights between headshell tray and cartridge, but it's not ideal as it's adding mass (though not a huge amount I guess, no more than a 1g or so). The manual says there should be an adjustor screw for arm eight, but there isn't. Anyway it's sounding fab so an investigative job for another day.

Gordon Steadman
17-04-2015, 09:22
Picked this up from Mike when he was here working locally yesterday - he offered it to me after posting to Grant proved problematic.

Huge amount of fun it is, I'm genuinely surprised at how nice it sounds and the Ortofon VMS30 MkII is a wonderful cartridge. I have it all playing through a Quad 33/303 combo into some ancient JPWs and it's fantastically musical in my 3.5m square study. Synergy indeed.

The arm sits high at the back and I don't see any obvious adjustment mechanism - I've got the arm level through using some spacer weights between headshell tray and cartridge, but it's not ideal as it's adding mass (though not a huge amount I guess, no more than a 1g or so). The manual says there should be an adjustor screw for arm eight, but there isn't. Anyway it's sounding fab so an investigative job for another day.

There is no adjustment to the height as the arm is set up for stacking your precious LPs and grinding a few millimetres off them. As far as I'm aware the adjustment is for the arm lift, not the actual arm. I have packed the headshell too although I can't say I noticed much difference to the sound. They really do sound nice though with lots of drive.

struth
17-04-2015, 09:46
gggrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!:eyebrows:

wiicrackpot
17-04-2015, 10:19
Nice players these, would have one over a Lenco any day,

Grant, i'll keep my eyes peeled for you, i bought a 1015 for £35.00 from Kirkintilloch some time ago,
gave it away to a young lad in my work who wanted a cheap way to try Vinyl Records. :)

montesquieu
17-04-2015, 10:24
Nice players these, would have one over a Lenco any day,

Grant, i'll keep my eyes peeled for you, i bought a 1015 for £35.00 from Kirkintilloch some time ago,
gave it away to a young lad in my work who wanted a cheap way to try Vinyl Records. :)

I used to live in up the road in Lenzie ... !

wiicrackpot
17-04-2015, 10:40
I used to live in up the road in Lenzie ... !
Tom, i kinda gathered you had connections up here but didn't know you were that close, :eek:
i still cycle up there and beyond to the Campsies, small world.

Idlewithnodrive
17-04-2015, 13:03

Nope, no VTA adjustment Tom. Glad you're enjoying it though.

I think that Ortofon cart is a really under-rated gem. I've got another couple squirreled away, just in case y'know :)

Idlewithnodrive
17-04-2015, 13:04

Sorry :sofa:

struth
17-04-2015, 14:06
there was an eyebrows.lol. i am happy its safely found a new home...tbh tom is a great buyer close by.. i am working on getting my flac sys up to the level of my tt...tall order but tbh i think i might just have done it.