PDA

View Full Version : pricey

Pieoftheday
06-04-2015, 14:49
wasnt sure where to put this,anyhoo here goes, i dont buy vinyl these days but i went to a record fair yesterday briefly before i went to the pub,it was fun flicking through albums and singles , i came across a mint copy of REM's Out of Time £25:eek: there were plenty more in the same ball park though thats the one that sticks in my mind, i had quite a lot to drink after:rolleyes:, i hope cd's dont go the same way

struth
06-04-2015, 15:01
€15 euros buys you a nmint copy on discogs so seems a trifle expensive....I guess they ave the rent and leccy to pay

Pieoftheday
06-04-2015, 15:10
€15 euros buys you a nmint copy on discogs so seems a trifle expensive....I guess they ave the rent and leccy to pay

thats mighty pricey leccy! a cd of Nirvana's Nevermind, ok condition 7 cockin pounds, bonkers, bits n bobs are coming back to me now:glug:

Ali Tait
06-04-2015, 16:45
Aye, been to a couple, most stuff seemed a bit pricey..

Wakefield Turntables
06-04-2015, 17:18
wasnt sure where to put this,anyhoo here goes, i dont buy vinyl these days but i went to a record fair yesterday briefly before i went to the pub,it was fun flicking through albums and singles , i came across a mint copy of REM's Out of Time £25:eek: there were plenty more in the same ball park though thats the one that sticks in my mind, i had quite a lot to drink after:rolleyes:, i hope cd's dont go the same way

James,

Was this in Unity Hall??? If so I have an idea of who was selling the used vinyl and they do charge top dollar. Have you tried WahWah in Wakefield?

Pieoftheday
06-04-2015, 20:53
Yes it was, I'm not really having a go at anyone, I was just really surprised at the prices. I' realise vinyl is becoming 'trendy' rightly so, if I had the space I'd go there myself, but such prices could put a lot off. No I havint tried wahwah,I just went out of interest,good place though now its been done up. Used to be a good chap in the old market house