PDA

View Full Version : Heco Celan 700's

Mr. C
04-09-2009, 09:20
Heco's superb 700 floor-standing speakers, ex demo excellent condition, with genuine boxes, manuals etc, also the matching Celan center absolutely as new again with box, manuals etc, all come with full manufacturers warranty. Why not add the Celan 300 stand mounts we also have for sale to make a 5 way surround package. £795 for the 700's and £275 for the center speaker. (not shown but as good condition our ex-demo 300's with matching stands £575 ono
Open to sensible offers.

http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/images/used/25.jpg

http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 19:49
Absolutely no idea what they sound like, but they are certainly a very good looking set of speakers - how would you describe the finish Mr. C - they almost look "champagne" in the picture, but computers do funny things to the colour spectrum.

EDIT: Having checked their website - "silver" would appear to be the answer. hmmmm very nice!

Marco
04-09-2009, 20:05
Hi Alex,

Absolutely no idea what they sound like...

Ask Steve Toy - he owns them! :)

I've heard them and they're rather good, especially on the end of a quality valve amp.

Marco.

Alex_UK
04-09-2009, 20:14
(another) hmmmm... they sound good, and room for moving to glowy amps later... nice! Steve - if you pick up on this - how would you describe the sound?

Steve Toy
05-09-2009, 15:33
I bought my pair from Coherent systems and it is highly likely that the pair for sale are the same pair that I had on demo here.

The Heco sound is very agile, articulate and fast, especially with good push-pull valve amps. The sound is very open and remarkably free from box colorations or resonances, especially for the money - £1300 new. They weigh in at around 27kg a piece so are pretty well braced. The 700s also offer considerably more midrange presence than their baby brothers too. Despite their size they work well in smaller room provided they have enough space behind them. Soundstaging in wide and deep. The top end isn't perhaps the last word in resolution but the bass is pretty articulate, well extended, tuneful and textured. It'll do kick drums too!

You will need a pair of plinths supplied by Breckland Audio for them to work properly. These cost £80 and your best bet is to contact Guy Sergeant/Puresound for more info on this.

Mr. C
05-09-2009, 15:36
Yes Steve, they are the very pair.
I would like to say they also work very well with solid state too.
They are a good all round speaker, solid and most enjoyable.

Alex_UK
05-09-2009, 18:30
Thanks Chaps, ooohh they're lovely looking and Steve is a fan... tempation, temptation... too many options!

Mr. C
07-11-2009, 14:15
Price reduced to £625