PDA

View Full Version : Aerial

talisman2
04-04-2015, 19:42
this is a forlorn hope , but is there anybody out there who has a vinyl copy of 'Aerial' by Kate Bush that they would be prepared to sell for a sensible amount (not the silly money on ebay) . i have a good friend who loves the album , but would like it on vinyl . if you can help , please contact me (i'm not expecting it to be cheap , but not silly money)

wiicrackpot
05-04-2015, 20:29
Don't know why but i bought the C.D. and Vinyl versions when it came out, vinyl still sealed,
there was a wanted thread on PFM a long time ago, seemingly some vinyl pressings were patchy if i remember right, :scratch:
good luck with the search.

edit:
Just went into the Bay and checked, whats going on with KB vinyl, Aerial is fetching £120+ and The Red Shoes going for £150+, glad i bought mine in 1993.

walpurgis
05-04-2015, 20:48
You can have mine for £300 :eek:

Seriously, I have the CD too and much prefer that for sound quality. The quality of the record album is adequate, but a long way from being a great piece of vinyl.

Does your friend not have a CD player?

Virkon
06-04-2015, 14:20
Alf if these are actually selling for these bonkers prices on eBay rather than being advertised for such with no takers, then I think your friend needs to do what most of us would and say hey I can't justify paying that I'll do without.

Tarzan
06-04-2015, 20:04
You can have mine for £300 :eek:

Seriously, I have the CD too and much prefer that for sound quality. The quality of the record album is adequate, but a long way from being a great piece of vinyl.

Does your friend not have a CD player?

x2 Ariel on CD sounds superb.

daytona600
06-04-2015, 20:19

edit:
Just went into the Bay and checked, whats going on with KB vinyl, Aerial is fetching £120+ and The Red Shoes going for £150+, glad i bought mine in 1993.[/QUOTE]

Sell your red shoes quickly new 180g version out this month & prices will drop like a stone

walpurgis
06-04-2015, 20:22
x2 Ariel on CD sounds superb.

It's strange there's such a variance between the two formats. The vinyl sounds a bit 'run of the mill' soundwise. Yet the CD is superbly weighty, vibrant and ambient. Weird.

wiicrackpot
07-04-2015, 10:30

edit:
Just went into the Bay and checked, whats going on with KB vinyl, Aerial is fetching £120+ and The Red Shoes going for £150+, glad i bought mine in 1993.

Sell your red shoes quickly new 180g version out this month & prices will drop like a stone[/QUOTE]
:eek: Thanks for that Scott, will do so in due course, any news of Emmy Lou Harris' - Wrecking Ball vinyl?,
will let that go too if a new release is imminent.

+1 on the Aerial c.d., top sounds.

daytona600
07-04-2015, 16:15
:eek: Thanks for that Scott, will do so in due course, any news of Emmy Lou Harris' - Wrecking Ball vinyl?,
will let that go too if a new release is imminent.
nothing shown for wrecking ball - 1995 LPs can fetch well into three figures these days

+1 on the Aerial c.d., top sounds.[/QUOTE]