PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Mission 767 loudspeakers

Beobloke
04-09-2009, 09:05
I'm looking for a pair of Mission 767 loudspeakers which must be in good working order. Ideally good condition is much preferred although I'll consider any within reason that aren't bashed, scraped and have drive units hanging out!

Also, the presence of the original Cyrus LFAU amplifier unit would be a big bonus.

Adam.

Lotuspad
07-07-2011, 08:28
Hi there,I have a an immaculate pair of mission 767 with LFAU the only reason for my sale is that my wife does not like the size of them and I need to sell I was thinking of putting them on eBay,knowing that none have been sold on there before I'd be expecting a lot of interest, I am open to serious offers if you are interested,

Kind regards Carlton

RochaCullen
07-07-2011, 11:29
I just googled those babies. They are huge. They must sound impressive?!

The Grand Wazoo
07-07-2011, 16:21
Carlton,
Would you mind going over to the Welcome section & starting a new thread there to tell us a little about yourself, your hi-fi & your taste in music. We prefer new members to settle in here a little by sharing a little before they make use of the buy/sell facilities.
Thanks a lot.

dwb
13-02-2012, 00:26
Hi,
I realize it has been a while since you posted. Any remote chance you still have these puppies! And where are they?

Thanks,

The Grand Wazoo
13-02-2012, 00:46
Dennis,
Please read the post above yours (number 4 in the thread) - it applies to you as well mate.

DSJR
13-02-2012, 10:35
Did Mission ever sell any? Obviously they did, but they sort of slipped over our radar at the time :scratch:

chris@panteg
13-02-2012, 11:46
Did Mission ever sell any? Obviously they did, but they sort of slipped over our radar at the time :scratch:

Hi Dave

Well someone here in Banbury had a pair ? I used to work with a lady who's hubby had them and loved em + he got em vat free off the usaf base near here , I think he took them back to the states since .

Beobloke
13-02-2012, 16:02
I know of a chap on another forum who has two pairs in a surround sound setup. I told him this is just greedy and he's promised to give me first refusal if he ever wants to get rid of a pair, but told me not to hold my breath!

As to the pair offered earlier in this thread, attempts at contact elicited no result, astonishingly...:rolleyes:

Lotuspad
04-03-2012, 12:43
Hi,
I realize it has been a while since you posted. Any remote chance you still have these puppies! And where are they?

Thanks,

Hi dennis,if you are interested to listen to them I don't mind to demo them to you

The Grand Wazoo
04-03-2012, 12:57
Carlton,
I've removed the email address you had on the previous post - you're asking for a lot of spam by leaving that there. Of course, I'll happily replace it if you'd prefer but folks would be better advised to use the PM facility to provide that sort of info.

bogle111
04-03-2012, 13:29

Yes, we sold three pairs that I can remember. I think most Mission dealers were obliged to take one pair at least. They were heavy and with a bit of experimentation (as with all Missions) could sound quite good, though to look at them, you would think it was someone's ego at work. Oh yes, and heavy. Could be sleeper (price wise) with decent amps. Never sounded like a hard working speaker, boom and tiz wise. Still got a pair of 765 in the dining room.

Regards

Lotuspad
21-05-2012, 22:01
yes i had a pair of 765 before the 767's there is a massive amount of detail difference and even more bass difference,could never go back to the 765 it just wouldnt be right...